You are here

O/T DH's layoff

MadeMyBed's picture

So, almost 2 1/2 weeks ago at this point, DH was "laid off." Now his company is giving them the run-around, anyone know what to do in this situation?:

DH is in sales. He makes a small salary but works mostly on commission. A couple of weeks ago, his company informed him they were elimintaing his whole department (600 jobs nationwide). So, they tell the group "no bringing in new business". Ok, but......they never give them layoff papers, are not telling them anything, have taken away their ability to make money but wont lay them off! I personally think they are "waiting them out"- because they dont want to pay severances. So now DH is get his (measly) salary, unable to bring in new business and make a commission, but not "laid off"??

This is one of the hugest companies in the country and they are just leaving their employees hanging. Just burns me up!!!!!!

Butterflykissesandlicks's picture

My DH has yet to see layoff papers himself? :? The shmuks bailed and two have left the country even. (bankruptcy and all accounts seized.)

MadeMyBed's picture

so they're stuck. Not making money, cant file for unemployment, cant force it because might lose serverance (if there is any) and STILL expected to make those CS payments like its 1999

Butterflykissesandlicks's picture

You got it. I can't change the laws but sure as hell would, if I could. It sucks, I know.