You are here

O/T... Can I have some non traditional Valentine's Day suggestions?

TheWife's picture

DH and I have decided that we wanna do something totally "un Valentines" Day this year. No mushy dinners, or movies, or swanky hotel rooms.

I'm thinking something completely 180 from that stuff:

Indoor rock climbing?

Paint balling?

ESPNZone?

Anyone have any suggestions?

(I live in the Chicago area, so remember it's cold as balls outside!)

StepChicka's picture

I only have mushy things planned for V-day. I'm turning my Xmas tree into a valentines day tree and doing a dinner and the kids are allowed to invite a friend of the opposite sex over for Valentines Day dinner.

http://www.ehow.com/how_13854_decorate-valentine-tree.html

We're doing traditional stuff like baking cookies, getting v-gifts for others. I'm concentrating on SD getting something really nice for her dada! I haven't done it in the past.

Gestalt's picture

Paintballing is awesome- we do it all the time and LOOOOVE it.

"The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done, we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change, So that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger, but in wisdom, understanding, and love." -Jennifer Edwards

Amazed's picture

We're taking a train to new york city for shopping and a broadway play. we're staying at a hotel in time square...

We did go to our lakehouse one year and spent the whole weekend hiking and taking pictures of all the frozen waterfalls...

my favorite is when we stay home in our pajamas and watch horror movies and pig out on junk food all night long.

"Venting without the desire to look within and improve your situation is simply venting to hear yourself bitch."

..."I'm not mean, you're just a sissy."

Stick's picture

The Wife - You could always go to a strip club!! Wink

*** A rainbow just threw up on me... and now I'm sh*tting glitter! ***

TheWife's picture

DH and I have decided to never go to the strip club together again. Last time we went it was to some lazy ass club in St. Louis where the lazy girls didn't even give lap dances, and the one girl who did manage to give a lap dance was talking to another girl the whole time.

Lazy hoes. LOL.

~*~When you kiss ass, your breath smells like sh*t~*~

stepmom008's picture

The day after New Year's Day, I stole ("liberated") someone's suggestion on here from a couple of months ago and bought an inflatable palm tree, set up beach chairs & towels in the living room, cranked up the heat to 75, put a cooler in between the chairs and BF & I sat on "the beach" for a couple of hours. Nothing fancy but if felt like a nice escape.

"There are two things over which you have complete dominion, authority, and control over - your mind and your mouth".

Amazed's picture

hey was that me? lol, I've done that with H before:) It's so cute!

"Venting without the desire to look within and improve your situation is simply venting to hear yourself bitch."

stepmom008's picture

I don't remember. I was still pretty new here then. It was cute, though I ended up with some rug burn. heh heh

"There are two things over which you have complete dominion, authority, and control over - your mind and your mouth".

Amazed's picture

lol, H complains about rug burn on his knees...I get rugburn on my belly:) Wink Wink }:)

Jbee27's picture

OMG....I totally want to do that too.
I can get the tarp and sand at work! That is an awesome idea Smile

GiGi222's picture

How about Dave and Buster's, if they have one in your area. They have a huuuuuuge one here in Times Square. Its multiple floors, bar, resturant, games, etc. Different things depending on what you like to do.