You are here

OT - Called the dentist and they asked for exH’s SS#

EvilWickedSM's picture

So, I called the dentist yesterday and made an appointment. The receptionist asks me for exH’s SS# when I was giving her the insurance information….ugh!!! Really? :? I didn’t think they would need that as they had all of the insurance information. I haven’t had any other doctor ask me for it. I told her I would have to bring it with me to the appointment, as I didn’t have it right then. Hopefully I will be able to find it on DD’s adoption paperwork, as everything else it would be on has long ago been discarded. If not, I’ll just email him with the doctor info and ask him to call them with it.

misSTEP's picture

It must be a dentist thing. BM would always want my SS# for the skids' dentist (insurance was in my name). I would just call them directly because there was no way in HELL I was giving that vindictive skank MY SS#!

EvilWickedSM's picture

Yea, that's why I was figuring on having him call directly because I wouldn't want him to feel as if he had to give me that information. I could understand him not doing it. I wanted to make sure that's an appropriate way to handle it. Thanks!

herewegoagain's picture

Yes, for some reason the dental plans ask for it. I think that with medical plans usually each person has a different ID number assigned, but for dental plans it is only one ID number for the family and thus the way they charge to the right "person" in the family is by using the SSN.

I think it is a good way to handle...have him call...nobody should have to give out their SSN number. Smile