You are here

OT. CABBAGE!

stepinafrica's picture

We have a lot of cabbage in our garden. I would love to find out how other people cook their cabbage. Please dish.

Monchichi's picture

No, no and just no. Wait let me think. No. I HATE cabbage unless in pseudo Chinese food. My father tortured me with it fried on loads of butter and lardo/ bacon. Burnt lardo or bacon. And while I believe bacon could make a mud turd taste good, burnt bacon is disgusting.

Jsmom's picture

Suaerkraut and short ribs. Marinate all day in a crock pot with caraway seeds and brown sugar. Awesome! My grandma's recipe. Otherwise with corned beef in the crockpot...

Ex4life's picture

I make slaw to put in the freezer. It has a vinegar dressing instead of a mayo one. Love it!

TheAccidentalSM's picture

Look online for a Jamie Oliver dish with pasta, cabbage, bacon and mozzarella. I've had to stop making this as I end up eating too much! Yummy!

moeilijk's picture

I'd think you could make a nice dinner by roasting/sauteeing the cabbage, serving it with bacon or sausage, or hot boiled eggs, or poached eggs. And those bake-at-home rolls. Pretty inexpensive too!

Andie91801's picture

Cut them in a one square inch, blanch it in boiling water for 30 second to a minute, fried dice bacon, saute onion, them mix all three together, salt and pepper to taste. Eat with anything you like, rice, noodle, corn beef....they reheat fine in microwave. This is the only way Dh will eat cabbage.