You are here

o/t ....."boo" for a nickname

leftfield's picture

can't.stand hearing grown adults referring to their SO as "boo". Furthermore, BM calls her son "boo". Ughhhh.

jadedprincess's picture

^^^^^This^^^^^^

another one i hate is shawty (shorty) i have heard men call me this as i was walking by, most recently by a construction guy working on the dealership where i work.. Mind you i am 5'10 and the only way i am short is if someone 6'5 or over is standing next to me.. my standard response to the above statement is.. Do I look short to you? no? yeah thats right im taller than you are shorty. (9 times out of 10 i am taller than the antagonist)

Auteur's picture

I also can't stand when biodads call their sons "hooooonneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey" GG did this ALL the time to Prince Hygiene.

(after PH had interrupted us for nonsense about thirty times) GG: "What Hoooonnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey?" in sing songy sickenly syrupy sweet voice.

I have a bioson and I never called him "honey." The closest term of endearment I ever used was "puppy" on rare occasions, but mostly his name or "son."

More wussification of the male gender. Can't there be ANY happy medium?

IfearImgoinnutz's picture

My DD9 was pretty little when Monsters Inc came out so XH and I went thru a phase of calling her "Boo" but shes too old for that crap now.
BM still calls SD7 and SD6 their nicknames and I think they are too old for that crap too honestly, esp when its baby talk.

PeanutandSons's picture

My step kids are referee to as their names only (8.5 and stb10) by me, but Dh will sometimes call SD sweetie, baby or honey. My bioson is 2.5 and either goes by his name or bubbie (pronounced like bubble), its a spin on the itallian word for baby, which is what my grandma called us kids. I used to call him baby on occationally, but now he's "not a baby" baby, he "a big kid". Lol.

But boo drives.me up the wall, its so trashy and low brow..... Never heard anyone actually use the term "shorty" in real life outside of the tv, but I find it equally bad. I also hate when people call their girlfiends/wives "girl".... You comin ova tonight girl? ... Can you be any more generic, and I am a woman or a lady... Certainly not a girl.?

Auteur's picture

GG is supposedly half Italian, however I remember his older two kids calling each other "Bubby" and "Sissy" (shades of the old TV show, "Family Affair?") WOW am I old!

I distinctly remember seeing VD (SD13) at the time barely 4 years old SEVERELY beating up on her older brother, Brainiac (SS15) at the time 6 with violent punches and kicks. And Brainiac wasn't allowed to "return fire."

But they resorted to this baby talk constantly calling each other "bubby" and "sissy" (still do!)

justa102's picture

Haha, I hate that too. My best friend and her husband call one another that. But I think it started out as a joke and it just stuck. They're not ghetto at all but that word sounds it to me. But, yeah, I don't say that. I stick with sweetie and honey and when I want to get all cute about it I say baby Smile

Anonymous_stepmom's picture

LOL Echo, I knew these people a while back who had a daughter they called BOO and they lived in low rentals.