You are here

O/T--anyone know of any legit work at home jobs?

dispiritedstepmom2011's picture

it looks as if i may not be going 'home' anytime soon. and since bf lost his job, my income is simply bd's ssi. and he isnt getting a dime of it. anyways, im still in school and would like to work as well but scheduling is a factor. so if anyone knows any legit work from home places where i dont have to put money into it, let me know. thanks Smile

not2sureimsaneanymore's picture

Babysitting.
Tutoring.
Helping kids fill out college applications/essays.
Helping kids prep for the SAT (or ACTs)--your own score is a deciding factor though.
Try to find a job at the school you are at--that helps too.
Being a exchange student host house.

(For the college applications like SAT or ACTs, I know a lot of people in the Asian immigrant community pay $100 or more PER HOUR for their children to get personalized help on it.)

If you guys own your house and have empty rooms, or private apartments within the house--rent them out.

If you have time, try surveys. I do them and you can earn about 12k a year if you do them all. the. time. which sucks. I go to surveyhead.com to earn some extra cash whn I'm bored. Racked up about $150.

dispiritedstepmom2011's picture

thank you for the advice, i will look into most of those.

i am living with my parents right now so no empty rooms to rent out and plus i have a small child i wouldnt live with strangers.

not2sureimsaneanymore's picture

Also, if you're good at parties, wedding planner is another option you can look into.

I know it costs money, but if you have skill in photoshop, and can afford a really good camera. Wedding photographer is another one, but may have issues due to schedule constraints.