You are here

One unhappy husband

ShadowAthena's picture

So my husband can't see his daughter until after court. He's slowly getting used to that fact. But he's not happy about it. We had so much planned so we could all have a good time. 

But at least now we can focus on court. And I have officially told my husband we are getting a DNA test done on SD before court. He's agreed, rather reluctantly, because the child test has to be sent to his ex; meaning he'll have to tell her about it and that's a conversation hed rather avoid.

He told me almost 3 years ago about his doubt, and we cannot wait any longer. Im ordering the test the second week of August. Maybe a bit sooner, that's the earliest I'll have the money for it. 

If SD isn't his, we need to know now. There is no more time and my husband knows that, he just doesn't want to lose his daughter, and I understand that. But he needs the truth and SD deserves the truth too. 

susanm's picture

Will it make a difference in th UK?  In the US, he would still be the legal father after all this time regardless of what the DNA test said.

ShadowAthena's picture

Here in the UK if you can prove you're not the biological father then you can have the childs birth certificate corrected and your name removed. The government has a list of DNA testing facilities that they trust and using them will help. 9 times out of 10 they correct the birth certificate with no issues. And some men get back all the support they've paid. 

SteppedOut's picture

This is how it should be. Unfortunately, here in the US, states use child support to offset welfare (a method of recouping).  States want help paying, no matter if the person is actually responsible..  it is still somebody else to help carry the load.