You are here

October 17-19th - ST Octoberfest Retreat #2

stepwitch's picture

Ok, Ladies.....Majority says October 17th thru 19th....

I'm so glad we have more interest this time. I understand that things come up at the last moment and that is fine, but I would like to have at least 8 people committed this time. I'm putting it out early that way everyone has plenty of time to plan ahead. (put in for that time off now)

There are a few coming from Illinois, Indiana, Mo, Tennessee.... Therefore, sounds like a convoy ! Some can possibly carpool so money can be saved. I don't want anyone to have to spend too much money, same rules apply....Get here, I'll take care of the rest (I'm just like that) !!!!!

After you commit, I will send you the address and directions. I'm still so inspired from Retreat #1, that Retreat #2 will be a blast !!!!!!

Who's Committing?????

SerendipitySM's picture

Hey there everyone - I am in WI and would be interested in carpooling with anyone from the area or from IL. PM me ladies..... Smile

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. - George Carlin

SerendipitySM's picture

Ha ha - I know!! I was so disappointed to find out that there is no such place as Point Place when I moved here. There is also no SHOTZ BREWERY like on Laverne and Shirley....

Sia's picture

maybe I can be sick or maybe they'll have a heart and let me off???? I can't really commit until I can see what they will do, sorry. I really wanted to come this time. Sad

stepwitch's picture

You can switch for that weekend of and work the following?

Stepwitch
Thank you Disney for portraying a positive image on all stepmothers!!!!

Sia's picture

work with hates me, so I doubt she would switch with me. BUT, I just found out that they forgot to pay me for a day I used a while back, so I still have this day to use....maybe!

stepwitch's picture

Again, I will offer you a nurses note...

Stepwitch

Colorado Girl's picture

In the next week, I'll call and see if I can transfer my refund to the purchase of a new ticket.

And no scooters for me at least two weeks prior. Biggrin

"For every ailment under the sun....There is a remedy, or there is none;
If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it." ~ W.W. Bartley

stepwitch's picture

Check out zen's myspace pics.

Stepwitch

Sita Tara's picture

Just have to secure some sitters, but with a couple months notice, that should be no problem.

"Om Tare Tutare Ture Mama Ayurpunye Jnana Putin Kuru Svaha"
~Sita Tara Mantra

SoFrustrated's picture

I'm so jealous reading descriptions of the first gathering!

So whereabouts in TN are we talking about? I'm trying to figure out if it would be possible for me to drive down from northwest VA in that timeframe.

SoFrustrated's picture

Ugh, that's an 11 hour drive for me. Flying is not an option, I just finished a marathon 3 wedding summer (all requiring travel!) and I'm broke. This will take some thought.

Sita Tara's picture

It's eleven for me as well. I will be passing through Oh, IN, and Nashville along the way. SarahB and I are meeting up in IN and sharing the drive time. Maybe someone else is coming from the same direction and can share the drive?

~Sita Tara Mantra

SoFrustrated's picture

VA, the one state I haven't heard anyone mention yet Sad

stepwitch's picture

She is going thru Nashville, if anyone is planning to fly there, she is willing to pick them up.

Stepwitch

sarahbernheart's picture

I am in, I sent you a email to include me!!

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one."

stepwitch's picture

Stepwitch

kathleen's picture

Sounds great but I have so much up in the air. House selling, husband finding a job, my work..... October seems like around the corner but a lot can change for me. So, I am a sub for now. I'll watch the dates and let you know if that is okay.

Kathleen

SerendipitySM's picture

I am still trying to find a way to get down there with you guys. I was going to try and hook up with Jess by train but unfortunately I wouldn't arrive by her until 7:20PM that Fri night and then we would still have the 6+ hours drive ahead of us. Flights are astronomical right now and with the wedding so close, money is tight!! I am not giving up ladies - I soooo want to go!! Smile

Sita Tara's picture

pay to leave your car too. I've thought about that.

I think it's 20 a day or something. Cheaper than gas or driving alone.

~Sita Tara Mantra

Most Evil's picture

Boo. I am committed to doing a dance thing (Ren Faire) all of October weekends. I am excited to do that but sad to miss the gathering. Again! I am hoping for the spring edition maybe?

Just want to say too, thank you Stepwitch! for offering your hospitality!!! I was thinking about having it other places but your free place to stay is a real plus - you are the greatest!! but we already knew that! Smile

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth." - Vladimir Lenin

stepwitch's picture

Just remember I. Didn't get the name stepwitch for nothing.. Ha lmao

Stepwitch

bellacita's picture

i am soooooooo IN!!! let me know if y'all want me to get wine ladies!!

dawn, are we meeting and carpooling???

"Given the right reasons and the right two people, marriage is a wonderful way of experiencing your life."
~the late great George Carlin

SoFrustrated's picture

Just when I had convinced myself that 11 hours is not too long to drive by myself, I find out that I have family coming in that weekend. Sometimes family can be really annoying Sad I guess that counts me out.

stepwitch's picture

We are your family, too ((((((sigh - whine)))))))

Stepwitch