You are here

NPD BM doesn't trouble us any more

Kes's picture

Since the SDs were in their late teens (they're now early 20s) NPD BM has been a LOT less in my DH's face than before.  Really, for the first 10 yrs that I was with him, she made our lives a total misery, although he doesn't like to be reminded of that fact much.  

We still get periodic dramas from the SDs, but not really from her any longer.  I think this is mainly because if she phoned my DH, after the first few years and on my advice, if she even raised her voice he'd put the phone down on her.  No more long conversations on the phone trying to placate her.   We had her on our doorstep screaming and yelling over things a handful of times, but not for at least 5 years.  

Did you reach a point in your SKID's lives when the BM ceased to be an issue, or is she still?  

hereiam's picture

Once my SD got married, which emancipated her, DH has had nothing to do with BM and told her years before that once SD was no longer a minor and CS was done, he would have no need to ever talk to her (BM) again.

Prior to that, she was always very difficult and manipulative.

She did call once, when SD (now, 27) was about 21, and DH told her that he had nothing to say to her. She hung up on him and hasn't called since. Why did she call? She wanted DH to help her break up their daughter's marriage.

I am so glad to be done with her.

moving_on_again's picture

Once the youngest was emancipated, we haven't heard a peep. I do believe he just moved back in with her, too. I don't look forward to weddings, though. 

ProbablyAlreadyInsane's picture

Right now she's not too bad... Rarely pops in... When she does it's chaos. But for the most part it's pretty quiet. We're gearing up for court though, so who knows. Ever since she ditched a year ago it's been a bit better. Less daily calling and yelling at my DH... Now it's just sending a letter of lies to our lawyer thinking that'll magically stop court form happening. LMAO She's got jokes.

MoominMama's picture

We never know when the crazy will start again. SS is 18 and so she now has no say in anything and he refuses to see her or talk on the phone to her. She still has to pay her pittance of CS to my DH.  We have not heard anything from her since the last blow up over her saying we were stopping SS seeing her but this was brought on by the fact that DH told her she had to pay cs now that SD23 was working. It was about the money but she had to make it about us stopping SS from seeing her or talking to her. It was rubbish because quite frankly we would welcome a break even if it is her.

recently he had to remind her about cs as she was behind and also was not paying the correct amount (it was short of the yearly increase) which of course meant she had to mention her lawyer. *sigh* whatever BM, you can't get out of paying for your brat even if it is a pathetic amount. At least this time did not include an abusive email rant or a similar telephone call (DH's phone is set to make her calls go to voice mail anyway). He would not answer her.

You never know when an NPD BM is going to raise her ugly head though.

notasm3's picture

BM took it to the extreme.  When OSS died out of state in his mid 30s BM held the funeral without telling DH that the son had even died and told everyone that DH couldn't be bothered to come.  Special place in hell for her (ADA Ms. Church Lady who is holier than thou and speaks in tongues to prove it).

thinkthrice's picture

the same BM?  The Girhippo is a holier than thou chuch lady type who works for a foster home.  Her halo would burn your retinas.

thinkthrice's picture

The Girhippo has PASed out similar to the skids for almost a decade now.  The only reason we know she still is there is the constant funneling of piles of CS cash.

As long as Chef is nothing but an ATM we hear nothing.  The skids are dead to Chef.