You are here

not stressing just a silly question...

SummerMomma719's picture

So my family had a baby shower for me a few weeks ago. I got some bibs and onsies that say "Daddys girl" and Daddys favorite. I feel like im not alloweed to put ANYTHING on our Daughter thats says "Daddy loves me" or "Daddys girl" because of SD. Not because SD would say anything but i dont even know how to explain it lol. would it be wrong if i had put something on her that read "Daddys girl" or "Daddys favorite" Maybe because I dont like SD so yes I so want to put my daughter in something like that but then feel like its going to far at the samem time. But no one else knows my level of resentfulness towards her so maybe no one wouuld think anything lol opinions?

SummerMomma719's picture

unluckytwin's picture

You might want to avoid "favorite" gear, but I don't see anything wrong with "Daddy's Girl" type stuff as far as how SD would feel. She has to accept that daddy has another child who is as much his daughter as she is. End of story. (And it goes without saying that he needs to treat your baby as his daughter as much as he treats SD as his daughter, so I hope y'all have talked about all this.)

Trinka's picture

daddys favorite???? that is a bit Rude of someone to actually Purchase tht for a child.

daddy's little girl, daddy's girl is ok tho.

SMof2Girls's picture

Agreed .. even if it's not a step situation, why would anyone with more than one child dress their child in something like that?

sterlingsilver's picture

Oh my this reminds me of when my daughter was born and my dad bought a "grandpa's little star" bib, and when my brother saw it he was not happy b/c his little girl was so much cuter in his eyes. He even said he was shocked Dad would play favs. Silly sibling rivalry now that I am older, but back the it was a huge deal.

Maybe just put those clothes on your lil girl when sd is gone for the weekend?

guiltystepmom's picture

If sd wouldve been UR bio daughter, the favorite onesie would be ok...
but she isnt ur daughter, so it would cause shit.