You are here

Not a step parent but ......

SebringLad's picture

My wife and I will celebrate 39 years of marriage next month ,however,our only child(a son of 34) is currently going through a separation with his wife and joint custody of our 2 grandsons!!!
It is so painful and tough on everyone that I feel for you people going through this yourselves!!!
We live about 2 hours away so we help out when we can,both financially and physically !!
As our son has dated a little since this split up ,that is tough as well as every woman has had kids as well and it never seems to work out !!
To those of you who make this whole mess work out ,my hat is off to you!!
Good day to you all !.

Rags's picture

My own divorce (no kids ... fortunately) was tough on my parents too. From my own experience the parental support you and your wife give to your son is critical. But is important for your son to recognize how difficult it is on you and his mom. It is not only his loss it is also yours.

A successful do-over is not beyond the bounds of possibility for your son. My amazing bride and I are coming up on our 23rd anniversary. My parents absolutely worship my wife, as she does them, and my first marriage (blissfully short as it was - 2.5yrs) is little more than a blip on all of our historical RADAR screens.

Happy upcoming 39th to you and your bride. What an amazing accomplishment for you both and inspirational example of commitment you set for others.