You are here

Is this normal?

Kay2's picture

FSD5 can be very sensative and dramatic over certain things. I don't have any children, so I am wondering if this is a faze or what. She crys, and I mean like has an absolute meltdown if she even bumps her toe on something. My cat scratched her the other day after she got scared, SD FLIPPED out! It was a little tiny scratch on her arm, probably 1/4 inch long, if that. She cried so hard she about made herself sick, her dad came in and looked at me like I was killing her.

She has similar reactions to stuff she doesn't want to do or hear. A little neighborhood girl told her she wasn't a princess the other day......OMG, she had the worst meltdown I have ever seen out of her. You tell her no at certain times and you get a very similar reaction.

I have heard her crying from her room, sounding like she is dying, I will go in there, and she broke her nail, or bumped her head. It is very difficult to scale the urgency when she reacts that way. We have had issues with her pretending to be stuck, or fake crying for attention.

Is this normal?

Tx mommy of 3's picture

My oldest dd, also 5 is like that. She is a drama queen. She is also like that when she is really tired. So I can pretty much expect crying like that after school until bedtime...(sigh). All kids are different so it could be a phase, her personality, or something else. All I knownis I dread it when she's 15!