You are here

No peace ...not even for Christmas

DrowningAnchor11's picture

This is kind of a vent. I posted before about my SD6 having these meltdowns when my fiance picks her up for visitation. She absolutely refuses to go with him. Or tries to anyways. The fight usually ends with him picking her up and putting her in the car and she's over it by the time the are down the road...as long as the fight didn't involve SD throwing punches like she does when it gets really bad.

Well our holiday schedule was backed up right next to our weekend this year. So we had SD Friday-Sunday. And then picked her up yesterday to have her through Christmas eve. BM texted last week to give us a guilt trip about "making" her spend time with us for so long. SO ignored her and planned the visitation to take place like normal. We had no issues this past weekend and she was going on about how excited she was for this week when she left, so I was somewhat hopeful we might get a break from the drama for Christmas. No such luck. She called my (future) MIL and SO yesterday saying that she didn't want to come over anymore and would only come over if she could stay with MIL until Thursday. She only wanted to be at our house on Thursday. This happens because BM makes her think she has a choice in the visitation schedule, if we don't give in then she gets to blame SO and say it's because he won't let her stay home. SO and MIL both explained that wasn't an option to stay home and that she could not stay at MIL's house. My MIL has to work all week, including the holidays so sleeping over is not an option for even one of the nights. SD tried to argue saying she would just go to daycare with her cousin, which was also not possible. (SO is off all week anyways, there's no reason for her to be in daycare).

My future MIL and SO decided it would be less of a fight if MIL picked her up. SO went with her but had his mom go to the door.. They were worried that if SD threw a big enough tantrum, BM would risk the contempt of court just to keep her from SO on Christmas. Well there was no tantrum... not that she wasn't a little PO'd once she found out she wasn't getting what she wanted and was still spending the week with us. She got over it pretty fast, but I'm not exactly fond of the fact that MIL and SO felt like they had to trick SD just to get her to come over for Christmas. It would've been nice to get a break from this for Christmas at least...

DrowningAnchor11's picture

Oh she used to be...she used to call one of use on Friday afternoons asking how much longer she had to wait to come over because she was so excited. This is new as in the past 6-9 months...it's gotten much worse in the past few though.