You are here

New Year's roller coaster

onthefence2's picture

Tried to post this NYE afternoon, but it wouldn't until now...

Bf(boyfriend) and I have planned to hang at my house with my kids and the neighbors tonight, playing board games and having fun. Then today I got a text, "I do have son13 tonight so I hope it's okay to bring him..." I asked if he just found out about that, to which he said he did. Ugggghhhh. Totally ruined my mood. But I wasn't sure if he just forgot he was getting him or what, so I waited until we talked. Turns out he got a text from bm saying something about him having son13 tonight and she will pick him up at 9 am. He agrees (even though he knows there is nothing in the papers about NYE, it's her custodial week, and she is just dumping him because she wants to go out). That makes things even worse. All he had to do was say, "Uhhhhh...NO." But he didn't. THEN son13 tells bf that his friend/neighbor is having a party, so he wants to go there (instead of spend time w/ his dad). Which, if you just followed all that and you have a brain, you figured out that son13 manipulated ALL that so that he could go to this party...and Daddy is CLUELESS.

Not only did he get taken advantage of and manipulated by both bm and his son, it doesn't seem to matter to him how it would affect me. EVERYTHING changes when you bring your kid LOL. I don't even like spending time w/ the two of them together. So now everything is the same; he is coming without his son, but I feel like I just got off a damn roller coaster in all this. And yes, there were tears. It must be that time of the month...

On the bright side, at least he didn't try to cancel with me. He did tell his son, "I have plans..." It's the little things, I guess.