You are here

new SM .... need help!

dreams's picture

I have been with my BF for over three years, been living together for almost two. He has a son 20, and a daughter 15. It took me while and some trying to get to know his son, these days he thinks Im cool Smile so its all good with him, but the little 15 year (Zoe)....that's another problem! Make the long story short, for the past two years Zoe came over to our house to spend time with my BF, she loves her daddy and she liked me. We all went places, watch movies laughed everything was perfect. I do, have to admit that I enjoyed watching her go back home. Couple months ago, Zoe got in the fight with her monther, chose to live with us. Supposedly my BF's ex lost control over 15 years old little girl. I almost had an anxiety attack when I heard the news!!! So Zoe is presently living with us, so much tension around here its unbearable at time. Thank god its summer, so goes for sleepover or grandma's house, little by little it helps. Last week my BF son, another step daughter 17 and our Zoe were hanging out all together in our place. One day after work, I came home and the kids were sleeping all over the place even my bed!!!! Zoe was sleeping in it. I got mad! The kid is taking over the whole place, thinking everything belongs to her daddy... In a low voice I said : Zoe please go sleep in your room, she gave me the dirties look ever!!! Now every time I come home I get hellos from the other two kids but Zoe. She is upset, I asked my BF to put a lock on your bedroom door. Zoe told the older siblings that she wanted to tell me off, and she is annoyed with me. Despite that talks between Zoe and her father about boundaries and respect, she did it anyways. Older siblings advised little Zoe that Im family and she needs to respect me, becouse Im not going anywhere...In the end I need advise to how to handle moody, messy, don't know any boundaries, everything belongs to my daddy and Im just a freeloader teen....

alwaysanxious's picture

Stand your ground and maintain. BF needs to back you though. If he doesn't then you have nothing.

If she doesn't want to talk to you fine, if she wants to shoot looks fine. Let BF know she is being disrespectful. Until she is respectful then she gets nothing from you.

Sounds like some alpha female competition going on here.

dreams's picture

yes! my BF is behind me 100%, also the place is mine! so if things go wrong I wont be the one packing my bags... Smile

KirbyKat's picture

Wow, I can't believe she had the nerve to sleep in your bed. WTF?? I love that it's YOUR house, and you have that power, and be thankful that BF is backing you up. You have the right to demand respect in your own home, and if things don't change, I would tell her she's not welcome anymore until she gets a new attitude.

dreams's picture

KirbyKat yes the nerves! She made me feel so unwelcome in my own house. My BF is a good man, explained everything to Zoe about the boundaries, also told her that no matter what he will never go back to mommy cause she is not for him, just in case she had plans to chase me out of my own house...Teens!!! lol