You are here

Needing to Vent

AmIWicked's picture

DH has been gone every evening this week.
SD18 asked for my help in gathering supplies for a science project. I helped her. I took her to the store, purchased the items, and "held" the materials while she taped, hotglued, and ducttaped her project.
Then DH came home right as the project was being finished.
His idea was Sooooo much better. He decided he was going to help her with the project. Threw away all the materials we had gotten already and the practically finished project.
Now DH and SS, not SD who is supposed to be doing the project, so both males are working on this science project in the kitchen while SD18 has logged into facebook and is sitting next to me.
She is slightly pissed because what she had worked on is garbage now, and slightly pissed that her science project turned into father son bonding time.
I can't blame her.
I mentioned, "Wow, funny how SD18 science project has turned into SS and you playing with tape and glue and crap and SD18 isn't even in the room." DH told me to tell her to get in the kitchen and help. I told him, "she has been gone for 30 minutes and you have not noticed. So why don't you and SS just finish your father son bonding and when you are done with the kitchen, let SD18 know so she can pull her science project out of the trash and complete it." He told me I had a bad attitude so I walked out of the kitchen. I'm in the livingroom now with SD18 because DH never came to get her. She told me she will just do her project this weekend at her mom's.
I can't blame her for that either.

Maxwell09's picture

Ughhh poor girl. It's just like a man to come in and think he has to "redo" whatever the female has already done because he thinks his idea is better. Newsflash to your DH: HES NOT IN SCIENCE CLASS-SHE IS!

iluvcheese's picture

This makes me so sad for you and your SD. Talk about BD putting himself in a bad spot and you and SD in an akward position. Instead of discouraging your working well together, he should be ecstatic and encouraging it. He's being an @$$. He put you both down and you are both owed an apology, where he explains why his behavior was wrong. Plus SD needs to earn her own grades and be responsible for the consequences of her own work and actions, it's one thing to help, it's a whole other thing to do her work for her. That wouldn't be her grade, it's teaching her not to earn her place in society or life, teaching a lack of independence. Its like he's saying don't get along with your SM, your work isn't good enough, don't do your own work, don't ask for help, don't take responsibility for your work or actions, don't work well with others, etc. Not good at all. Plus what is he saying to you? Care for my kid when I'm not around, but don't help her? What you do will never be as good as what I can do? Eww.