You are here

NEED TO VENT

proudstepmommy's picture

Not sure where to begin.

My stepsis just posted a photo on facebook of her celebrating Mother's Day with my Stepmom & Dad... I'm kinda hurt that I wasn't invited. I mean, I know my stepsis is a BM and I'm "just a stepmom"... just can't help but feel a little bit hurt. I'm probably being completely irrational because, well it's very close to that time of the month and I don't feel good. But the courtesy of an invite would have been nice is all.

Granted- my DH did take me out for Mother's Day earlier this week... just hurts that my Dad & SM apparently don't consider me to be a parent is all (esp. when I know my SD loves them dearly and considers them to be her grandparents). *I've been in SD's life for 4 years now

I know my SM would flip out if I didn't do anything for her for her bday or Mother's Day (which I've always gotten her flowers or a gift card).

I should mention that my biosis gets the same treatment from my Dad & SD as my stepsis does (she's a BM too)...

Sorry I know I'm rambling... thanks for listening

20 plus's picture

My bio sister does not acknowledge my stetshits. She never has even though the have been raised by me for 20 yrs and where very little when we got them. Happy mother's day from one step mom to another Smile

proudstepmommy's picture

Thanks so much for the advice, and Happy Mothers Day to you too. I think I was overreacting a bit lol. Granted I did have to work today so maybe that's why I didn't get invited. However, even if I know someone can't go to something, I still invite them, just so they know they're welcome. So idk.

Craving Normality's picture

Assholes!