You are here

Need some advice

aperry's picture

So BM is still in jail! Court is the 28th I hope she goes to freakin PRISON! She wrong my MIL and DH a letter about how she needs support when she gets out and how she wants her & my DH to be BFF's again because they use to be and all this other crap yeah they use to be best friends, best friends who got drunk one night and 9months later had a stepkid... I understand her wanting to stay friends (they never have been a couple) but I dont want my husband being friends with a freakin dope head. I just told him if he wanted to be BFFS w/ her again then he could say goodbye to me. She should've thought about all of this before she put my SD in danger, and decided Meth was more important than that baby! And now I'm the one who has been raising her (and her daddy has helped of course), she's lived with us for almost 9 months now! BM has been in jail for 2months.... Am I right for not wanting my DH to be friends and be some type of support system for my SD mom... I mean she has her own family. And the thing is I was never mentioned itwas j/my MIL and my DH it wasn't like can you and your family help me or ANYTHING like that! And SHE ASKED that my DH and SD come visit her. I'm furious!

skylarksms's picture

So you are married? Then his allegience needs to be with YOU and NOT his "friend."

They ceased to be just "friends" the minute the clothes started coming off.

aperry's picture

Yes, but its like he said it would be different if she was really going to try she could ask to go to rehab while shes in jail. And she hasn't. And I couldn't agree more (about the ceasing to be friends part!)

Optimistic Soon to Be Step Mom's picture

Nope she needs to back off and supervised visitations with her kid only b/c she has serious addiction and criminal issues. I would do the SAME thing if I were you and give an ultimatum on this one, until she is fixes her life she will do nothing but be a drain on yours.

aperry's picture

Thanks so much! I talked to DH last night and he reassured me I had NOTHING to worry about! And I agree she needs to get her own support system! Its so aggrivating!!!!

aperry's picture

You stepmomma83 are my new best friend lol! i could NOT have said it better!!!! Thank you!