You are here

Need opinions please??

SummerMomma719's picture

Is it too much for sd 9 when sitting on the couch with dh that she has her self practically hugging his arm. And her leg intertwined with his??? Maybe it's not a big deal but for me it's a bit much.

rainbow bright83's picture

Ummmm, to me that's kinda weird. legs intertwined? I don't know what to say about that as I have NEVER seen any child do this with their parent much less anyone.

SummerMomma719's picture

He is sitting in the middle of the couch she is on his left. She's as close to him as she can get. Hugging his arm. An her left leg is over his which is between his legs. So I'm not a bitch for this bothering me?? I mean if I am tell me. But if I ever say anything about it he'll probay give me an attitude an just say if his daughter wants to cuddle she can

When I think of a child cuddling with their parent lets use my BS10 for example, He will sit next to me on the couch and lean his head on my shoulder and i will put my arm around him. I don't let him put his leg in between my legs. what you describe is like creepy to me. It almost makes me think of the way i cuddle with my husband. so im sure if i saw this happening in my own home it would make me feel uncomfortable.

hereiam's picture

Frankly, this should bother your husband, too.

First, she is too old to be all over him like that. Second, she needs to learn how to act appropriately with the opposite sex. I realize that's her dad but she will be starting to go through puberty soon and I worry about these girls who equate love with physical overtures (and it usually starts with good 'ol Dad).

I was somewhat of a Daddy's girl when I was young but when I started going through puberty I just naturally started being less physical with my dad. Had I not done that on my own, I would hope to God that my dad would have put a stop to it.

I never thought about learning appropriate behavior with the opposite sex, you are spot on hereiam!

:jawdrop: oh my!

Orange County Ca's picture

As with 'punkin' I suspect that some guys just don't think of it as sexual and a gentle reminder is all it takes.

Most guy would not want to have their kid think of them as a sexual object. As for the kid she misses daddy and wants to be close so hanging on him at that age and considering the divorce I don't see it as bad.

unwillingparticipant's picture

Yea, the arm around the arm thing doesn't sound that bad to me. But the legs intertwined sound like something she's emulating from someone. Maybe she's seen you two do it and was jealous so she wanted to do it with him too?