You are here

Need opinions on my SD behavior in the house

Harvard's picture

a little background. 3 years ago, my SD refused to talk to her BIO father because she did not agree with who he was and hated his whole family he had at the time. Well, they recently started talking again because her father divorced his wife. This gave her the ability to run things her way in their recent relationship with her father and now has no interference from the then Step mother...

1 year ago my son thought it would be funny to tease her about getting blown off for a date, my SD was livid and to this day she hates my son, they used to get along.

My wife were having problems since January this year and since then my SD has backed off from me big time telling her mother she doesn't like who I am. Okay, she said the same thing about her Father and step brother, sound familiar...

Presently, my SD hates me she has yelled at me been rude to me in my house recently when I politely ask questions only when I needed to. Instead of being civil and respectful with people (as we all should be in life)she is rude, mean and spiteful. As a result she refuses to show me respect in my house and has told her mother yesterday she just won't come around anymore, this has crushed my wife. Fortunately things between my wife and I so far have improved and we are presently holding our own through this. What is her deal? Has anyone else delt with a silmilar situation from there SKIDS??

onehappygirl's picture

Maybe that same wording should be thrown back at her. "SD, I love you, but I don't like who you are." Has anyone ever stood up to her like that? It might be an eye-opener for her.

Love me or hate me, I'm still gonna shine!!!

Harvard's picture

Yes I have so has her mother, she has no feelings on the suject. She digs her heels in and instead of opening up or at least being civil towards people she turns into a hateful angry person is what I am seeing lately. Turning people away who do care and basically saying F you good bye good riddins....

onehappygirl's picture

Maybe you should read some of Stepmomjen's latest blogs. She is dealing with some of these problems too and has found a really cool way to deal with it.

Your SD is going to run out of people who will put up with her if she doesn't watch out. Unfortunate, but maybe that needs to happen. Maybe when she has no one else to turn to, she'll realize that the life she has now is not so bad.

Love me or hate me, I'm still gonna shine!!!

Harvard's picture

I have always said she has it pretty good in my opinion, many SKIDS have much less to speak of...I will check out the blogs. Thanks