You are here

NEED ADVICE! School Registration Issues

lynete23's picture

This past weekend I discovered that my fiancee's ex, took me off of the kids school registration. They share joint legal with him having residential custody. I have a 15 year BD that I am the only parent she has. I have not ever had to deal with this stuff. She I guess was not happy about me being listed as a parent of the house. This means that my BD went most of the year without a legal guardian listed. In January my daughter came home saying how she had to go and completely register herself, that someone at my soon to be SS school had erased all her records. Come to find out after that my SS BM changed all registration papers around. My question is what can I do about this stuff? Besides that she has accused my BD of sexual misconduct of my SS (thankfully those accusations were through out of court right away). The last petition is stated she is having sex with her boyfriends in front of the SS. I have already talked with the kids and they say that it has never happened and that no one ever said anything like that. I am at the point where I am scared of what is going to come next when this doesn't work, and I need to find a way to get this to stop before she really hurts my BD, and the entire house. Judge says DW DH need to go to mediation. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

lynete23's picture

In our school district children of 1 household are registered together as a "family unit". So when we registered the kids for school this year MY SS dad was listed as primary parent 1, I was listed as primary parent 2. BM was listed as the ncjp and emergency contact 1.. What she did was call the school and had me removed from the registration for the "family unit". She didn't want me listed as a parent over her. Then later in the year she had my SS school split the family unit up so she could be listed as her son's primary parent, but not my Daughters.. The only way to do that is unregistering one of the children. Thank you for letting me know the exact violation. I do not want to go to the police and then end up on the wrong side of things. I knew it was illegal my daughter's school told me that, along with the district butI didn't know how to find out the info about it.

lynete23's picture

I am trying to figure all that out now. Never in my life did I dream I would have these kinds of concerns.

my.kids.mom's picture

Sounds like a crappy set up by the school system. THAT is the main concern here. Each child should have parents listed, screw the "family unit" bull.