You are here

Narcissistic ex shows off their new supply on social media

readingandlearning's picture

Why do narcissistic exes always do this? As if the ex partner that they mistreated and took advantage of during their old relationship is going to think they have changed their ways suddenly and done a 180 with this new person. The narcissist lives in a world of illusion. Are they trying to convince themselves?

caitlinj's picture

I always found following narcissistic BM on social media to be fun. Call me petty but following her and her new bf is entertainment. Maybe I'm bored lol.  Her new bf is not impressive physically or in other areas yet she shows him off constantly on social media. Apparently when she was with DH for nearly a decade she rarely posted pics of them together nor revealed her relationship status (married) on social media but with her new beau (unattractive artist with no career aspirations who she has known less than a year) she is so happy to do this. She's crazy.

relationshipguru's picture

In the narcissists mind it makes some sort of sense to rebound crazy fast from relationship to relationship and do zero self work nor reflection yet they do this and try very hard to convince people they are not the crazy one. But if you are a somewhat healthy person and see someone on social media who has rebounded this quickly from a long term relationship you would see that it is not normal. But in the mind of a narcissist it makes some sort of sense? Also their rebounds are less than impressive. I know someone who was married to a great guy for seven years and she was terribly abusive towards him simply because she could not always get her way. She left him for a depressive pothead musician who is not even remotely attractive nor financially stable.  This isn't to knock anyone or put them down in anyway. My point is narcissistic types just use people for what they need and they don't get attached. They are mentally ill. They do not and cannot value people because of their own mental health issues. This is proof of this. 

tog redux's picture

This is her ex, though - she's hanging on by looking at his social media.

Guffawing over BM is different. 

RisingtheWave80's picture

Funny.... my BM is like that too. I knew her years before I knew DH but that whole time I never knew she was married, now all the men's laps I saw her sitting on make more sense to me 

relationshipguru's picture

This is a typical narcissistic move. Rebound quickly. Show off new supply on social media. They do zero self reflection(they never see themselves as the problem) and zero healing(no attachment). Predictable narcissistic loser. Block them.  Move on. You are better off with this egotistical delusional loser in your life.

Jcksjj's picture

I'm not sure- but I dont think they always do because BM here tends to be very lowkey about her relationships so that she can keep getting supply from other men online. Although she did throw it in DHs face more offline.

Rags's picture

A narcissist has almost no chance of being aware that they are the problem.  I would say that the narcissist is restocking a new stable of victims.

Enjoy the antics of the X and drop a flaming turd comment from an anonymous account to bare their ass upon occassion.  

Nacissists hate facts so make sure to use them in your ass baring escapades.

InDisbelief's picture

My ex did it. Not that I was looking through his FB, but I was told about his new fling through a friend that was still friends with him on FB. This post went up less than two months after we broke up, and we were in a long relationship. I know he didn't magically change into this great person for his new chick. He was just finding his next victim who had no clue of who he really was. Hell, it took me a long time to figure him out. I've asked my friends to either unfriend him or not tell me anything about him. I'm not interested, I wasn't even interested to know anything about him back then after we broke up, but my friend thought she was doing the right thing by telling me. I'm just glad I'm out of that toxic hell.