You are here

Myspace Safety?

newstepmom2008's picture

I just found out that my SS(10) has a totally searchable myspace page with his first and last name. It also lists where he lives.

His mother is fully aware of this.

In my opinion that's not really safe, especially since she lets him stay by himself a lot of the time.

Am I over reacting?

looking4answers's picture

Holy wow! I'd report that to myspace. I believe they will delete a person's page if they are under the age requirement. You are not over reacting.. AT ALL!!!

storm's picture

Don't think you're overreacting either. If it were me, I'd hound DH until he spoke with BM about it, and explain the consequences to SS.

"I've never been a millionaire but I just know I'd be darling at it." Dorothy Parker US author, humorist, poet, & wit (1893 - 1967)

newstepmom2008's picture

Where can I get the movie you mentioned, "To Catch a Predator?" I want to show this to my hubby since he thinks I'm over reacting again. Oh and I also found out that while she didn't have enough money to pay the utilities, she had enough money to be active on a matchmaking site. And to make matters worse, she put the kids pictures on there too!

newstepmom2008's picture

Thank you! I can't get over how supportive everyone is on here. I've had more help on here than I have from any agency!!!