You are here

My son being a Jacka$$

duct_tape's picture

So I got into a little texting tiff with my son. He's 22, rents a duplex unit from me. He just repainted and bought new furniture. He's got a little girl and a wife and they like the place.

Anyway, it's for sale. We own several rentals and they are all listed. The agent wants to show them tomorrow, so I notified all renters by phone, text, email.

By son went a little nutso. His macho-man kicked in. It's his day off, doesn't want to be bothered, why do we have to sell?, it sucks cuz we just fixed it up, on and on.

Anyway, he got nasty with me. Talk about an emotional shut down. After all this time of him being a changed man, he turned on me. Then just as I was about to cry or scream or say something to him I would regret, the doorbell rang.

He was at the door, open arms, tears, apologizing. Man, I love that kid. If I could just get an ounce of humility out of my SS life would be pretty perfect.

duct_tape's picture

He's my baby-boy. Turned out to be worth every bit of shit he's dragged me through. I'll keep him.