You are here

my situation with H and sk's is pretty

TinaKay's picture

much under control at this time. It is very nice as peace has returned to my home in the last few weeks and I am most grateful.
It's great to know I have a good husband and not one of the weak, spineless fathers out there. I am blessed in all ways and very grateful to not only have been shown I am loved but can also now enjoy the peace in my home now that SD is banned from coming over.
It is also having an unexpected side effect on SS who is showing a much better attitude since we have banned her due to bad behavior.
I am married to a wonderful man.

Smile

stuknaz's picture

That's GREAT! And I know you told him as much! RIGHT?

"And this too shall pass..."

TinaKay's picture

he is a good man, just like his father.

What he did to banish her was not just for my benefit, but also his and hers.
Coming to this site made me realize his choice to not banish her but tolerate her bad behavior is what some men would do.
I am fortunate I picked a good man to marry. Not all women are so lucky in so many ways as I have been with H.

I was very upset with SD for awhile but now her power has been removed to have access to us when she pleases and it will also teach her that if she acts badly to us, we can and will do it again and not afraid of doing so.

Nice day........... i'm going for a bike ride Smile
My breathing space is back and I feel very good today in just knowing things are taken care of and we did the best thing we could under the circumstances.

Seems to me, many of peoples problems on the site are in fact husband and not kid problems.... and of course a few who are not even here about stepkids and even have no kids or stepkids.
Wink
and some of the people with stepkids are just highly controlling, easily offended and over reactive adults... all spell massive drama and chaos for familes and the children....
all in all the spouse your with and how they deal with their children and responsibilites, is the major factor as to if problems resolve or escalate, even if the BM is evil and nasty....

That seems to be the way it is. I am blessed in that I selected the right guy to marry and he has proved it again and again. Some are not so lucky and some have not married for the right reasons or married to the right person.
We can only pray for them. Laundry almost done, on my way to enjoy the day ! woohoo....
peace and quiet !!!!!!!!!

FuBaR's picture

U have or make no sense at all..U contradict urself so much, im suprised if u know what the hell ur talking about.. We are all horrible creatures apparently just curious but why are u so angry and mad?? We have done nothing let us try to help or get the fu@k outta here.u cant keep name calling and insulting the people who help and care for me anymore...

Chel Bell's picture

" A first marriage is like buying your first home, sometimes you just gotta start small"~ Me.

melis070179's picture

I like your signature line - its oh so true! I call my sis by your screen name too!

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy"

Serena's picture

I'm so happy for you and your husband. You seem to have it all figured out. That's great. I'm glad StepTalk could help you realize what a gem he is. I doesn't look like you need our guidance or support after all. Hopefully you can find a social networking site more suited to your particular successes. Good luck with your continued marital bliss!

Bye.

melis070179's picture

Blum 3

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy"

TinaKay's picture

Yes I think we do have it figured out and we are blessed we are down to earth people who did the right things before getting sucked into a bunch of games with BM and sd. Guess we earned the peace and happiness we have in our marriage as we did the right things, on time and without delay.

Done's picture

You have nothing figured out if you had to ban one of your children from your home. I am sure it is not all of the shild's fault. Just from your attitude on here I am sure SD is acting out because of you. You never turn your back on your kids and your husband must be spineless to have agreed to turning his back on his child. How can you call yourself good parents?

Chel Bell's picture

my sister, has your name, and I'v always called her Melis. Smile " A first marriage is like buying your first home, sometimes you just gotta start small"~ Me.

melis070179's picture

Not to hijack this lovely post...

Chel Bell's picture

" A first marriage is like buying your first home, sometimes you just gotta start small"~ Me.

TinaKay's picture

we are going to have a wedding anniversary, I'd like to take a trip this year, more so with ss going to summer camp and sd being banished from us. It's an ideal time to make the most of a vacation. I'm online checking out some desinations now Smile

HOORAY !!!!

Angel37's picture

To know that your husband has given up on his own child. Yep...he sounds like a true gem to me.

“Every truth has two sides; it is as well to look at both, before we commit ourselves to either”~Aesop

melis070179's picture

I'm sure he has his reasons of needing a break from SD and vice versa (I can guess what SDs are) but it sounds like she thinks its going to be a permanente thing, and I doubt it. SD will come back into his life at some point, I'm sure, then her perfect marriage will go down the shitter!

Angel37's picture

“Every truth has two sides; it is as well to look at both, before we commit ourselves to either”~Aesop

TinaKay's picture

she is "wanting" her way, which is a relationship on her terms and thats just not going to happen.
Hopefully sd will come back into his life someday and be someone he can trust and be a respectful person or he won't be around her much.
It looks as if ss is not going the way of sd and I do believe my H would be far more upset if SS was the one with behavioral issues as he is connected and close with him. SS is maturing more and more each time we see him, that is most likey from being around his BM and sister and seeing what evil, immature, game playing women they are.
He has no plans of remaining at home one day longer than he has to and already planning to graduate early and MOVE !
If sd wants to live with her nmother her whole life, jacking with people, playing games... she is welcome to.
It's her life and we have no real control over her, as she is an adult.

I am only glad... I was able to find such a great husband. I know many women would love to be in my shoes and have a partner, not a man-child who is basicaly a wimp.

Zimka's picture

cause any man that picked me over the child is spineless!!!!! Also SD is playing by your rules as she wants things her way and you want things your way. I think you both are birds of the same feather!

Last Nerve's picture

I'm sure the SD has learned only the BEST traits from TK. Wink
It's only a matter of time before the SS gets "banished", or stops going over there as well - not that anyone would blame him.

TinaKay's picture

Just backed up. He has no choice.

I am just hopeful SD does not prove to have the temprament of BM, as that will certainly keep them for ever being in a relationship, as well as keep her from finding a man who will be with her and love her. It's not just H who has distanced themselves from her but also ... due to her behavior her grandparents and some cousins.
Yes, he is a true gem. I know many women wished that their husbands would stand by them Smile and also not play games with the BM and kids. I am blessed !

secondwife20's picture

When I was 18 my parents kicked me out and left me to fend for myself. Now, they did this because I announced that I was going to marry DH. Although I was breaking the ultimate rule set by my parents (marrying ANYONE at that age), I felt abandoned, and for a really long time I hated them.

I think abandoning a child for any reason is the worst thing you can do as a parent. I can honestly say that even though I would love to never have to see Blabb come to my house ever again, I would question the kind of man DH was if he decided to banish her from his life.

Obviously SD has some major issues, but how is she going to learn if she doesn't have someone to lead her? Is DH honeslty okay with SD ending up on the streets? Is he able to sleep at night without knowing where SD is or what kind of people she is with? If he is, then I am sorry, but he is not great by any means.

Last Nerve's picture

Kudos to you for getting through such a hard time with your parents. Hopefully you have, or will be able to rebuild your relationship with them.

As far as TK thinking her D is just the most wonderful man ever - of course she does!! What woman wouldn't want her husband kissing her deriere, going so far as to "banish" his child, all to make her the happiest woman on earth??? :sick:

Hopefully he'll wake up one day...

secondwife20's picture

Thanksfully, my parents and I are on speaking terms... as long as there is no mention of DH. They still despise the man, and on some days I don't blame them! Afterall, our DHs aren't perfect like Tina Kay's DH. Wink

belleboudeuse's picture

So, I have to ask:

If your life is so perfect... what are you planning to accomplish by being on this site?

BB

- You are not second best, you are not second class. Do not ever let anyone make you feel that way. (2Bloved)

Last Nerve's picture

She's here to spew her words of wisdom, didn't you get the memo?? Wink
She wants to share the "Gospel According to TK", and see how if we'd just listen to her wise words and prophecies, we would all have such perfect husbands just like hers, that if only would "banish" their children, we'd be happy just like her....

I think I just puked in my mouth a little...... :O

belleboudeuse's picture

Then I can do without it. I thought this site was supposed to be about sharing frustrations and SUPPORTing each other, not attacking each other and telling one another that we're stupid if we don't all march in lockstep with the thoughts of one seriously deluded individual.

BB

- You are not second best, you are not second class. Do not ever let anyone make you feel that way. (2Bloved)

belleboudeuse's picture

Maybe a better use of your time would be to launch a website called Thegospelaccordingtotinakay.com.

BB

bewitched's picture

"To Thine Own Self Be True" William Shakesphere

others playing games, but she's the one who spied on her SD's MySpace (and SD is grown, so it wasn't for safety reasons) and runs police reports on her SD every few months?

But she says she doesn't play games????

I are confused! (and yes, I know that's poor grammer, Being a s-m-a-r-t a-l-e-c). guess you'd call that playing games, TK?

Last Nerve's picture

S-M-A-R-T-A-S-S!!

It's a simple matter of "DO AS TK SAYS, NOT AS SHE DOES"!!! }:)

Thanks for the url Belle, I could have sworn I saw her on hypocritesareus.com Wink

belleboudeuse's picture

Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

BB

TinaKay's picture

If you dont care for my posts, don't read them.
I have said nothing here offensive, so it must be your problem.

I think your jealous. Please try to either be more mature or just stop reading my posts.

It is you with the problem, just read this post and see. I'm sorry it must be upsetting but yes we have figured out some things about H's daughter and we did what we had to do.
He has no regrets and neither do I.

Smile

melis070179's picture

Go back to your wonderful husband before he abandons you too! Or is it possible that life is not as perfect as you claim, despite your "gem" of a husband that doesn't play games with SD or BM? Seriously, why did you even look for this site if everything is so hunky-freakin-dory? And trust me, NOBODY is jealous. Quite the opposite, actually.

melis070179's picture

Attention whore! No, I know why she's here. I just want to hear HER reason for why she's here. Obviously she won't answer though, because that would be admitting to playing games!

Last Nerve's picture

Hmmm... 100K a year, but still doesn't know the difference between your and you're??? And don't even get me sarted on the spelling errors...

Uh....YEAH...pffffftttttt.....

TinaKay's picture

great day.
Sure has been nice outside, glad I'm getting to enjoy my newfound peace and quiet in my home.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Zimka's picture

Block a person who more that 20 other site user find offensive and mean spirited. Friends lets take a vote and maybe TK will get the message!

TinaKay's picture

sorry so many disagree with my H's and I's situation and how we handled it.

but I bet in a few years we end up with a respectful young woman, who will know we mean it that she will show respect when with us....
because she will know we aren't playing games.

I'm sure some would continue to tolerater bad behavior from a young woman who is almost 20, but we make the choice not to.
She has a certain degree of responsibility that she will have to muster up herself. That being to be respectful and not throw fits, as she is almost 20, not 3.

shellbell's picture

I'm just curious but how long have you been in your H's, SD's, and SS's lives?

melis070179's picture

I think 4 years

shellbell's picture

Well in that case SD should know how to act by now. Really I don't care how badly the skids act they know what we expect of them and that we won't put up with it, but I would NEVER ask bf to ban his children