You are here

My reasons

stepmom123456's picture

SO always gets on my case why i don't talk to his kids, why i don't have a relationship with them etc......

*his kids ignore me, only say hi when SO is around ( they are 17 years old)  we have been living together for 6 years ( we have them 50/50) and it’s always been like this…. At the beginning I tried but got tired of only doing fun things when they were with us…SO even got mad that once me and my daughter got home and started to watch a move, he said you couldn’t wait for my kid? Seriously!

* no manners, i go grocery shopping and it's all gone and they don't care that is a family of 5

* no rules are enforced, just on Saturday his son walked up with a dinner plate up to his room, i turned to SO and said you are going to allow this? there is no food upstairs rule for 6 fucking years and his son always does it... he says my daughter does it too.....yes cause i got tired of yelling at my child when i noticed but since daily his kids do it how fair is it to tell my kid she can't bring bag of chips.....NEVER has she eaten dinner up in her room

* his son just sits on his computer and screams the F word every 2 seconds while he is playing video games with his online friends, i can never have peace. This goes on all day!

* his son stole this summer.... no punishment…… I made orange peel dessert- some new recipe – my daughter did not want to try it ( come on it’s an orange peel dipped in sugar) SO punished her by not letting her go swimming!!!!!!!!!

*set fire in backyard, burned new outdoor rug....... SO said his son will have to buy a new one and nothing yet

* mother grows weed in her house for them, SO says he can't do anything about it as what goes on there he has no say, and if he tells the bio mom the kids will get in trouble and will stop telling him what goes on there.

* drugs, alcohol has been hidden in my house, all 5 or 6 times found only by me!!!!! and SO works from home! he should be checking their rooms! but i guess he doesn't want to be the bad guy

*SO is i guess tired of parenting and wants his kids on his time to have fun so he just ignores all bad.... i mean how will he ever top the mother growing weed for them...... it's like a competition

* his kids don't call him dad..... they call him by his first name!!!!! I WOULD SMACK MY DAUGHTER IF SHE EVER DID THAT , TO ME THATS VERY DISRESPECTFUL!

* always messy.... don't clean up

* i can't sleep when they are with us cause step son is so loud, always has to have the tv so loud that the whole house can hear it.....but SO always has his head phones on and does not care what i have to put up with.

* SO makes 3x more than i do but i still pay 50/50 bills and groceries are crazy when really only SO and step son eat everything in like one day!  we own the house together and SO did put more money into it, and just a year ago sold his other house so he paid off our mortgage so i feel like i can't complain. but i still put $750 a month just for bills and he does the same. i am a single mother, no help with my daughter- i am on my own for everything

* when his kids are there, light always left on, windows open when A/C ON and same with heat during 

* just this weekend i told SO i found an empty bottle of vodka his daughter threw out in the garbage.... he quietly went up to her room and whispering.... no idea what happened, an hour later his daughter came down all happy! she probably got a pony for that one!

* i wanted to do a contract, since drugs were found in the house quiet few times, that if they ever do it again, or get arrested they can no longer live here, SO threw a fit.....kids will always be welcome here, so kids know they can do whatever they want, they know if they get caught again it will be some stupid punishment as no computer bit they can still have phone or iPad and Netflix etc.

* early on when we first moved it, SO made sure my family treats his kids the same as they treat mine............ guess who got a pair of ( 1 pair) of sock and a small box of Laura Secord’s chocolates last xmas??? my daughter, while they opened quiet few gifts in front of my child..... and this is right after SO gave both his sisters $5,000 each.... they seriously could not put a $20 in an envelope? SO said nothing but was disappointed that 1st time that year my family gave his kids $50 gift card to a store! ( this is after my family found out about drugs etc.) all other xmas they were given $100 each and chocolates!

* in his daughters garbage i saw a tiffany's box.....my $400 necklace inside.....she threw it out!

* they always go to my daughters room and just help themselves!

* vacations? Bio mom takes them….. once we went with my daughter and my friends…. His kids got so mad that they didn’t come with us that they called him really bad names!!! After this we all went together  and a year after their mom took them so I told SO to come with me and my daughter, he said no! so I went with my daughter and her friend ( vacations are always 7 days all-inclusive in the Caribbean ) I am getting pissed cause we are ONLY A FAMILY WHEN HIS KIDS ARE THERE! how is my daughter supposed to feel, he will never come on vacations with us unless his kids come….but his kids go with their mom and her fiancé! I do enjoy going away with my child, each year we go, but it’s always nice to have SO there as protection, in April I went to Dominican and to tell you the truth I was pretty scared, I was the only adult with 2 teens.

is this enough reasons not to like it when they are with us or AM I CRAZY EVIL STEPMOTHER???????

i can add more to the list but i am just getting angry with myself for putting up with this........ how can anyone like this situation.... this is NOT WHAT I WANTED!

everything would be good if he just set rules for his kids! if you don't want to parent then let them live with their mother!

stepmom123456's picture

forgot to mention how very nasty details are shared with my daughter what his daughter does with her boyfriend! last one was at camp, her and her older boyfriend who also works there were in a hot tub and they turned on jets, his hand was down her biking and her hand was down his shorts with kids in the tub! **** daddy thinks he is a nice boyfriend, the daughter lies to daddy all the time... going to the movies....while she is messaging my daughter that she is so high, how drugs are wonderful etc////// i don't want my child knowing sick details! why is she even saying this to her?

Notup4it's picture

Wow, while I was reading this all I could think about was Jersey Shore.

I honestly don’t have any advice... because it sounds so out of control, and your DH isn’t on your side at all- have you guys ever gone to counselling? I would assume your DH would refuse to go? I would say to sit down and go over house rules.... but I think you are way beyond that.

i think pretty much your only choices are to try to shield your DD from this as much as possible, hope for the best and just hold tight until they are out of the house. Or leave.