You are here

MY DH always says he loves my kids the same as he does his.

someonetotalkto7's picture

This is the biggest lie of all isn't it? I don't love his kids the same as I do mine! I can t figure out why he says it when it clearly isn't true ( nore do I expect it to be). I feel like it makes my kids think he is just full of hot air Smile I love my DH but I feel like is fake! I do way more than a SM since the kids are with us all the time, their BM is not in the picture at all, ad my DH seems to be completely overwhelmed. Ugh I feel like I'm trapped! BYW all his kids age 4, 6, and 9....still pee the bed every night! Seems to be pretty common problem on this site. Thanks for listening

Stepped in what momma's picture

He could literally "think" he loves them the same but I just don't know how that would be possible.

101Stepmom101's picture

Limit drinks after a certain time... one with dinner. THAT'S IT. Wake them up in the middle of the night to go pee at least once. I know it sucks... but... it works. I have an Elementary Age Step daughter that will wet the bed at BIO-MOM'S. She does great at our house as long as you do this. BI-MOM actually puts pull ups on her because BIO-MOM is to lazy to wake her up and limit her intake of liquids.

someonetotalkto7's picture

Thanks have tried that, there are no drinks after 7 at all, still this keeps happening. I'm a pretty experienced mom have 4 bio kids of my own, never had this issue. Sometimes I wonder if this comes from them being taken away from their BM because of her drug addiction and criminal activity. Wink

Disillusioned's picture

I would have to agree with Annie there

At one time I really believed I loved both my SD's, but OSD has been so nasty, so evil, has totally not conveyed the same towards me, that sadly it killed a lot of that honest, enthusiastic, desire to have really close good relationships with them

YSD is much easier to deal with, but the sting of OSD really destroyed much

Countrymom's picture

My MIL likes to say she loves my bio kids (not with DH) just as much as she loves SS. I know this is not true, but she likes to seem better to all the people she tells this too, especially since she also tells them how horrible I am because I don't love SS the same as my bios.

My DH understands though and told his mother that he loves my girls, but not like he loves his own son and that it's normal. Of course that was ok and understandable to her, but I should love SS like my own anyway.

DH gets along with my girls better than I do SS though and has formed a bond with them that I have yet to accomplish with SS. I'm still trying to just like him.

SS7 also still wets the bed. We've tried all the tactics. He also occasionally craps his pants or just doesn't wipe when he goes, it's disgusting and we haven't figured out how to get him to stop yet. Good luck!