You are here

moving into a new place in a couple weeks, and quitting smoking!

MamaFox's picture

Our quit date is 6-30-2014!

Our exact move date isn't set yet, waiting on our applications to be approved. I'm pretty excited! The apartments actually allow us to have our own plot to micro farm! They encourage us to grow veggies and other edibles. That makes me stupidly happy, and the apartment manager is excited to meet the cats and of course the kids. She's an s-mom too, and made sure to tell me no one is allowed on the property without the gate code and can't park without a pass, so I don't think if the BitchMonster goes crazy that my apartment manager and security will deal with her stupidity. There are only 6 buildings with 8 apartments per building, and people were already coming out to say hi!

Seems there are 4 other couples in the community who ride motorcycles too!

Fullofresentment's picture

I'm in the process of quitting smoking too. I bought myself one of those really good e cigarettes which was about 80euro and now and I feel that it has really helped me (I have no cravings for real cigarettes anymore) and now I'm going to start weaning myself off this. In Ireland cigs are really expensive so I treat myself to something such as a new top instead of buying them. And going to go get my teeth whitened soon! It's hard but hopefully we can do it! Good luck with the move!

MamaFox's picture

Thanks! I have a new e-cig also, so I'm treating myself to new flavors, since a 5ml bottle is only $2.50, I buy one with .12 (lights essentially) mg nicotine, and one with no nicotine and am slowly lowering the level of nicotine over time until my quit date on which I will be nicotine free Smile

clydella's picture

My Dad smoked for over 30 years, tried to everything to quit and finally he got hypnotized, said it was the best $50 bucks he ever spent, and he's not smoked since that day, Good Luck on the quitting.

Sunflower1's picture

Hypnotism worked for me too. It's not magic, you still get cravings but it takes some of the pain away.

sbm014's picture

I quit smoking right before Christmas cold turkey and it is hard.

DH still smokes and I fear he will never quit or at least as long as he working offshore, as his 3rd mate smokes as well and then feed off of each other if one runs out.

Just stay motivated! You can do it!

wth was I thinking's picture

I quit about a year ago, I tapered off then I quit. I tried an e cig, and got no enjoyment out of it at all.

I still miss cigarettes and crave them like crazy sometimes. Sad