You are here

Moved out this weekend..

sarah1971's picture

Moved out this weekend with very little help from asshole(AKA husband). He was to busy shopping at Macy for "home furnishings" and waiting for his new furniture from Ethan Allen to be delivered. Funny how in the 7 years we were together the ass never even bothered to replace a light bulb but now that hes "in love" hes fixing up the place to be fit for a king (or in his case a queen). I do get some small satisfaction in knowing he is putting himself right back into debt as he does not have a pot to piss in as far as money goes. The day I left he was on the phone laughing/joking with a friend and could not even get off to say a proper goodbye. Funny how you can be with someone for 7 years and have them tell you how wonderful/loving/caring you are then one day they can't even stand to look at you. Even after all my husband has done to me I still love him and feel very sad but him on the other hand has no remorse/guilt or feelings what so ever for me. It just unbelieveable to me how quickly this all went down all in a matter of weeks.

Pantera's picture

File your divorce paperwork immediately. Do it first. I know you have to wait a year in most states, it doesn't seem like he will protest, so back date it and be done.

Gestalt's picture

I am so sorry you had to go through that. It's very hurtful when the people we love act as if they don't care.

"The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done, we can see it, understand it, learn from it and change, So that every new moment is spent not in regret, guilt, fear or anger, but in wisdom, understanding, and love." -Jennifer Edwards

Squillion's picture

Please tell me you met with the lawyers.

And also? Screw him. Give it six months and I say you'll see him for the broken pathetic waste of skin he is.

sway1's picture

karma will come back at him...... what comes around goes around.
keep your head held high... you are better than him!

soy_girl's picture

Glad to see you are posting...was a bit worried about you....just curious how your H is paying for all his new toys -- not from your joint account I hope -- or worse, on a credit card you will be responsible for half of? not sure if you are in a community property state, but here in CA, if the debt is from before the date of separation, both parties are equally responsible for the debt regardless of what it bought. One way to fix that might be to back date the divorce papers to make sure his bills stay his.

I am gonna have to agree with Squillion -- Screw him! you may have a difficult time at first on your own, but you definitely don't need his BS!

Good luck! (hmm...if you don't backdate the separation date, maybe you could sue for half of his new stuff just to mess with him... Wink )

Conflicted's picture

You will look back one day and you will be glad and grateful that he is doing what he's doing. Your life will go on, you will find true happiness and he will hate himself for the mistakes he is making now.... And by that time, you won't care because you will have truly move on.

stuknaz's picture

Sarah1971,

Your Dh or soon to be DH is an IDIOT. Don't wate anymore tears over this jerk! You will see that this is the best thing that has happened to you. Unfortunately you won't be seeing it today, but you ar ebetter off and YES he will get his!!
Just promise us that when he comes begging back on his hands and knees that you WON'T take him back! Because he will come looking for you after his latest love leaves his trifling ass!
Hang in there and keep in touch!

"And this too shall pass..."

anabihibik's picture

Every day will get a little bit better. Those hurt feelings will fade. But, it's ok to own them, acknowledge them, and toss them overboard. That's been the best way for me to handle them. Congrats on moving out!

To every thing there is a season.

Stepmom2Ched's picture

Sarah, I'm sorry to read that your marriage is ending, but please remember, it's a new beginning for YOU!

Just hoping that the Ethan Allan & Macy's accounts are NOT in your name, or you're not on the account at all. You should post something in your local paper about no longer being responsible for debts made by him as of such and such date.

Get a lawyer, ASAP and stick it to him as much as you can.

If you can get back into the place, stick some shrimp into the curtain rods without his knowledge!!

http://www.snopes.com/love/revenge/shrimp.asp

BWA HA HA!!!

~*~Cheer up! It could be worse.
I cheered up, & it got worse!~*~

ReadySetNot's picture

Sarah, Good Luck with everything in the up coming time. I'm glad to hear that you are leaving him he dosn't deserve you in the first place.

Rags's picture

Congratulations on shedding yourself of the characterless dipshit. This is where Rags 3day rule kicks in, at least for me.

These things only hurt really bad for about 3days. Then on day 4 things feel a little better and get a little better each day after that. After not too many days it will be just an unpleasant memory that crops up in your grey-matter occasionally.

I also have always found that when the next special person comes in to my life after a painful breakup that she has all of the last person's best qualities, none of the last one's bad qualities, and a whole bunch of really great qualities and character of her own.

That is why I am married to my amazing, beautiful and truly incredible wife. I had to weed my way through several women who were found lacking in the character and quality departments before I found the incredible woman I have been married to for the past 15yrs. My XW (there is only one XW but many XGFs) is an unhappy miserable petty little person these days. I get a call occasionally that one of my friends has seen her and her family, the geriatric Fortune 500 Executive Sugar Daddy that she left me for and their spawn, (one out of wedlock ..... thank God the kid is not mine!!!!!!!!!!!)and that she is constantly hagging at her husband and kids and looks like she has been rode pretty hard and put up wet for the last 19yrs. It is heartening to me that she has lived exactly what she deserves and that I am blessed to not have been saddled with her crazy adulterous frigid ass for what would be 21yrs of marriage at this point.

Though I have no use for her and she is the one thing in my life I regret, I am grateful to her for leaving me and freeing me to rediscover the Rags I like being rather than the angry, hurt young man who lost the usual extremely elevated self confidence (sometimes too much Blum 3 )and childlike approach to life that I lived before I met and married her diseased character ass. But, it really was a very nice ass!

Hang in there. Eventually your now ex (thankfully) will see you with an amazing man of true character and he will know at the core of his being that you have moved on, are truly happy and he will have to live with the fact of his lack of character at the core his pathetic little being. He can try to put on a face of bravado in front of you but at the core of his being he knows he has been found lacking as a man and that he truly has no character.

Your best revenge and personal reward is to be happy and life a good life. Let the light of your happy life of character send him scrambling to the shadows of the reality that he is a characterless dipshit. Turning on a light always sends the cockroaches scrambling to the dark corners.

Hang in there.

Good luck and best regards,

Success is rarely final. Failure is rarely fatal. It is character, courage and consistency of effort that count. Vince Lombardi (with some minor Rags modifications) To each according to their performance, screw Karl Marx. (Rags)