You are here

The most annoying comment

missmama1234's picture

I get so annoyed when my dh says that our 2 baby boys look like my ss11.
my ss looks more like his mom...i wish he would stop comparing them physically.

missmama1234's picture

i wanna be mature and just brush it off and i think i have been pretty good lately. but i just started thinking about it and realized it still pisses me off

Just J's picture

The first time BM saw my daughter with DH, the first thing she said was, "I heard she looks just like SD." I like my SD but I was very annoyed by this comment because I felt BM was just trying to insert herself. And my daughter does not look "just like" SD - in coloring they could not be more opposite; my daughter was blond with blue eyes as a little girl and SD has very dark hair and dark eyes and freckles. However, both girls do resemble DH so yes, they do look a little alike, but it's because they both look like DH. I take comfort in that. And as my daughter is getting older, she is starting to look more like me, I get told she's my mini-me all the time.

Next time your DH makes a remark like that, I'd just say something like, "hmm, I think they look a lot like my uncle so and so, my mom, my sister, etc." Just redirect and don't make a big deal, SS is your husband's son and he'll just get defensive if you say anything negative.

notsobad's picture

Everyone used to say how SD looks exactly like BM. Then I saw a picture of BM and DH when they were both 20ish, SD looks just like DH! SS has always looked like a mini DH.

So I started to say how much she looks like DH, his lips, his eyes, his chin, the only thing she really has of BM is her nose and her colouring. We compared pictures at certain ages from 3 up to mid 20s and I'm right, both SD and SS look like DH.
It's just because BM always said SD looked like her that everyone thought so.

Now even SD is posting on social media how much she looks like her Dad, she makes a joke of it and hopes she doesn't go grey like him.

BM was posting pictures of them at the same age but it was becoming apparent that SD really doesn't look like her so she stopped.

Acratopotes's picture

I would say something stupid like..... oh really guess you are SS Dad then Wink
or something like, impossible they are not yours, they are mine....

what about saying something like - who knew that sleeping with different woman would produce same looking kids, now I wonder if these 2 are really mine

turn it into a joke...

Rags's picture

Annoying or not..... siblings tend to look similarly at similar ages. This also applies to children, nieces, and nephews. My two nephews looked amazing like me at similar ages when they were younger. They of course also look like their dad (my baby bro). Interestingly with the exception of my youngest nephews eyes none of my brother's kids look anything like their mother. They got the good genes. Wink

My adopted former Skid and I used to get told all of the time that we looked alike. We would just chuckle, say thanks, and get on with our business. Interestingly he sounds and acts just like me which shouldn't be too surprising. After all I have raised him as my own since he was 15mos old.

the funny thing is that he looks like the SpermIdiot. Fortunately he also looks like my bride. And most fortunately of all he avoided any of the notable trash genes from the shallow and polluted SpermClan end of his gene pool.

Rags's picture

No doubt there are exceptions. My comment is a rule of thumb not an absolute. My adopted former SS looks nothing like me but we are told regularly we look and act alike.

I think those comments regarding SS and I looking alike are an Emperors New Clothes kinda thing and people see what they want to see.

dirtybiology's picture

Somewhat related..

One time BM told DH and I that people always think her recent husband is SS8's dad because they all look so much alike. I'm thinking no, people just assume you're a family because the four of you are out together (her husband has a 13 y.o. son). That was a few years ago, so fast forward to now... SS8 is the only skinny person in their family of four and sure he still looks like BM but there is no way he looks like two people he isn't even related to. Maybe he does and I just choose not to see it because I don't want to, but I thought that was so rude of her to say to DH.

Countrymom's picture

I get annoyed when DH's family says SS7 looks just like DH. He does not. He looks like BM and DH's brother. He does not look like DH at all. I can compare pictures of BM and BIL to SS and see a resemblance, none with DH...not his coloring, features, build, nothing.

I think they just say it because he's DH's only son/child and I think they just want him to look like his father. DH is WAY better looking than any of them.