You are here

More BM delays .. as usual

SMof2Girls's picture

BM and her attorney were provided a copy of the proposed change order over 3 weeks ago. DH's attorney has been calling her attorney for the past 2 weeks; no reply.

Finally, someone at that firm confirmed that the attorney she was trying to reach no longer works there, and that BM is not listed as a retained client by any of the practicing attorneys.

So now, DH has to send a copy of the change order directly to BM and start this clock ticking again. His attorney said her office can't send it directly to her until we confirm whether or not she still has this attorney on retainer (she may be representing her from a different office/practice).

Annoyed Sad

I just want to file with the damn courts and be DONE with it. But nooooo .. courts already look down on Dads enough as it is .. so we have to play nice :sick:

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

My husband's case was delayed for over a year for BS reasons. One reason was the judge went to a college bball game, that delayed it another 6 months. Such BS!! :jawdrop:

SMof2Girls's picture

It's just so frustrating. I know once the school year starts, BM will pull every trick in the book to keep the skids away from DH. He won't have much ground to fight without this CO being finalized and the distance she has imposed on us by moving so far away Sad

Not to mention all the money spent on airline tickets that we will never get back due to those changes. Gotta love it!

And my husband is the CP. Our lawyer told us to petition the court for a refund of the tickets since there was a fund that "court fees" go into. We did just that, and the judge said "no, you are a Dr., you won't be financially ruined over this." I was so pissed. Why does some a-hole get to dictate if we should be refunded or not based on income? Ugghhhh...don't get me started.

SMof2Girls's picture

Finally got an updated email address for BM's attorney (she accidentally copied DH on an email to her).

DH's attorney is giving them until the end of next week to provide a response to the proposed change order and then she is filing directly with the court.

We know BM has met with her at least initially because BM keeps making references to changes in the custody agreement and how he "won't be able to get away with his shit anymore" (insert eyeroll here).

She also made some off remark on how day care will no longer be handled the way it is anymore .. it will be factored into the calculation. Which I found interesting .. since skids are only in day care 3 months out of the year AND her income is way higher than DH's. God only knows what she's trying to manipulate with the CS calcs ..