You are here

Monday morning blues

dood's picture

No matter what I do or don't do, say or don't say, every skid weekend leaves me feeling like shit.

Why is it that when I tell SO that his kid does some shitty thing his first reaction is to make up a bunch of ridiculous possible reasons for the bad behavior and when that goes down hill fast, the next issue is in my delivery. ....it's the way I tell him.

All of a sudden the person that you love and trust (me) on this one subject is all of a sudden clueless to what she sees, hears and experiences and she must be mistaken or insane or for one temporary moment in time just lost complete control if her intelligence and ability to reason. Clearly, that's the most obvious of explanations since your child shits chocolate peppermint kisses.

Then after we argue and he's backed into the "I even know how ridiculous I must sound" corner he apologizes and I'm supposed to just get over that little brain fuck and go instantly back to happy, happy, unaffected dood.

dood's picture

Yeah but he does the shit to me. And he's so.freaking.sneaky. SO never witnesses anything and this little shit does things that down right insults my intelligence. And I could even deal with that. It's the way my SO defends it and how he behaves toward me that boggles my mind.

Ruthless's picture

IKR?
Why do they defend them? It's always 'you're the adult you should know better".
My DH has the annoying ability to shut his emotions off and look at everything ice cool. He never gets mad and just doesn't understand my emotional, anger driven response when his shithouse kid does yet another thing to annoy me.

Monchichi's picture

I can scream when SO does the whole unicorn candy farts act about SS. Monchichi he was so much better behaved last time we saw him. Absolutely SO save for that little thing where he tried to behead another child. I'm not a rainbow colored unicorn butterfly kitty. I'm a realist.

dood's picture

Me too ...a realist. I guess there's no room for any of that when skidly is concerned. SO just doesn't want to believe that this kid is capable of doing inconsiderate fucked up shit to me. It's just insulting on so many levels.

misSTEP's picture

Some SMs have resorted to hidden camera video taping. It's hard to argue with video evidence.

dood's picture

You know? I've been seriously thinking about doing just that.

SMLIFESUCKS's picture

I am looking into that myself. After the last time they were here and SD11 decided to tell my kid some shit. I want to have it on camera, how this goes down.

I am not even telling DH when I can finally afford it. He'll just tell the little shits, I'm sure he would, instead of using it as a tool, to not let your kid manipulate you.

UGH!

I keep trying to disengage, but these kids, OMG!

dood's picture

Yes if I go that route I wouldn't tell anyone about it. I'm going to look into this today.

dood's picture

The thing is he doesn't actually speak... he sneaks... he sneaks stuff out of the fridge, he snoops in drawers, he take something and runs up the stairs when I have my back to him. I now do it on purpose so that I can prove that he is sneaky and does stuff behind my back. So a voice recorder won't help. I don't know what I'm going to do really. According to SO, if I 'change my tone' when I tell him stuff like this, we'll discuss it and then approach skidly and see what he says. I said, he's going to make up some ridiculous response and you'll pat him on the head and say, "OK skidly" and he'll be off.

Whatever. I'm really tired of it... and what I live with is a picnic compared to what I read on this site, and I'm about ready to lose my mind. I have a ton of respect for the steps on this site. I honestly do not know how you all do it.

dood's picture

Darlin', Sally... thanks for the first time I've laughed in 2 days Kiss 2

It's so mentally exhausting.... Ugh.

dood's picture

That's just hilarious!

Yeah, I hear you...
I'm sure there's something like that I can do - and I'm trying to put my finger on it. Right now, I'm just burnt out. So far, I'm not comfortable disengaging. I had been doing that but it was starting to screw with my own head and I have morphed into something else - I'm not sure how even to describe it. But I am going to catch this little shit one way or another. I just have to figure out what.