You are here

missing stimulants

hismineandours's picture

So when dh went to pick up ss12 this w/e, bm told him that she had to file a police report because "someone" stole 12 of ss's stimulants out of their home. She had to file the police report in order for the doctor to write another script to replace them. SS is then talking a bit later and mentions that his mom has lost a bunch of weight just in the last couple of weeks and she is really happy-dh agreed that she did appear smaller than she had 2 weeks previously. Now am i just crazy here in thinking that bm took the stimulants (which she has done in the past and she is a recovering meth addict to boot)? I asked ss if bm was on some sort of new diet, and ss said, no, that's what funny she still eats the same junk food as before.
I told dh I didnt think she could have lost such a noticeble amount of weight in 2 weeks by natural means. Unless she was really on a strict diet. Which ss said she wasnt. Or unless she was killing her appetite with a stimulant and possibly mixed with meth.
Dh actually defended her and said that she wouldnt have filed a police report then because they might have drug tested her (they didn't)and to my knowledge they dont drug test moms who report their kids meds stolen unless they have some sort of other suspicion.
Just wondered if anyone else thought I was out of line thinking this? I dont just think it honestly I think it is pretty much fact. I've known bm too long to think anything different I was just surprised he didnt think so.

hismineandours's picture

He didnt say anything about the amount that she was eating. Just that she was still eating junk food. If you take a stimulant it will kill your appetite and so maybe you would just eat one hoho a day instead of the whole box. You would still lose weight this way by cutting your hoho intake way down! Smile
As i said we've already been down this road-have watched her weight fluctuate over the years and it has ALWAYS been meth/stimulant related-she has admitted this in the past.

caregiver1127's picture

Hismineandours you are spot on - you thinking is correct - Yes she took the stimulants - I use to work with a nurse who would file police reports for his pain meds - then the doctor would write him new scripts - also I have adult ADD and am on Adderall XR and yes you do lose weight but my appetite went down but your SS may think she is eating as much and just may be eating smaller portions - I don't live with my SS but when he came to visit I have really tried this year to lose weight (35 pounds) and had body sculpting so lost about 3 dress sizes and he knew there was something different but not quite sure what - I was still eating but not as much and not snacking in between and had cut out all soda - so yes she probably took the stimulants to help her lose weight - the police will not test you when you call about your drugs being stolen but if you do it too much they will - I have friends who try to get adderall to help them lose weight - some of them just try to kick start their diet - they come to me and I am like no freaking way - I need my meds to function in the morning when I am working from home - and also need to be able to collect my thoughts and get out the door for my DD instead of walking around the house in a circle trying to gather up everything I need.

steptwins's picture

BM is street smart eh? How pathetic to take meds from your own kid. My DD takes 'em & yes, they have been stolen two times and she could not get refill until a month later. Last time they were stolen out of her sock drawer (bottle stuffed inside a sock LOL). I was mad that someone rooted through her drawers like that. What loser does that to their "girlfriend"? So now I hold onto her month's supply & give her weekly amts. Would love to plant a bottle of pills that cause you to poop like our new puppy to teach that thief a lesson. LOL.

Orange County Ca's picture

I wish you had not accused the mother to the boy. Even if indirectly.

Meanwhile as long as the boy is not endangered you've not much to complain about, i.e. its her problem to deal with. She can't go on making reports like that for long so let the police and the boys Doctor deal with it.

hismineandours's picture

I never said this in front of my ss. His missing stimulants and his mom's weight loss were two separate conversations. I mentioned it, as I said, to my dh when we were alone.