You are here

MIL and Family hurts DH

geeps's picture

I chose not to go (against my maternal instincts, but knowing the outcome) on a primitive camping trip for my DH's brother's wedding (on a desolate island). We have SD4's and I didn't think it was appropriate for them, considering that the last camping trip (with many amenities) did not go so well. DH was not happy I wasn't going and insisted my "Family In Law" would be right there to help.

Well, it turns out that everyone in DH's family stayed in a Bed and Breakfast (on another island) with his sister, her young daughter and his brother's young daughter. They spent no time with our SD4's and even left "sister in law's" older son (8) in the care of DH on top of his terminally ill children (the SD4's). When DH asked if they could stay in the Bed and Breakfast (on another island) with MIL, they just laughed at him. Grrhhhhh....

On top of that he was expected to help out all day in the kitchen. Sister in Law's son disappeared and DH spent 6 hours looking for him. Grrhhh again.

Finally, they made DH with SD4's take the late ferry home because the first one was full. WTF. He had medically ill children to get home and on feeding bags! They didn't get home till 11:00pm, of course at which point I had everything ready and prepared for his return.

I am seething at his family from his MIL, SIL, and BIL. But yet I can't express my feelings to DH because he gets defensive. What do I do!!!