You are here

Manipulation to the Max---starring SD13

jojo68's picture

Here is a conversation between SD13 and DH last night:

SD13: Daaaaddyyyyyyyyyy take me to WM so I can buy earphones.
DH: I can't tonight because I am on call with PD it will have to be tomorrow.

SD13: But Daadddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I need earphones...pleasssseee...take me to walmart......I need earphones now!!!!!
DH: No...I told you I couldn't tonight

SD13: Please Daaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...you can leave..you just tell them that you are taking me somewhere!!!!
DH: No!!! I can not take you tonight! I will take you tomorrow!

This happens a few more rounds and then:
SD13: You never take me anywhere or buy me anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DH: The one night you decide to come straight home from school I am on call and can't...maybe if you would spend more time at home I could!

Few more rounds of BS like above and then:
DH: SD13 stop it right now!!!!
SD13: See!!!!!!You don't even want me here!!!!!!!! Slams door and goes over to Grandmother's

SO young yet so manipulative it is scary!!!!!!

Step-Volgirl's picture

Answer the question once or twice. Give, "I've answered you once (or twice). My answer will not change. Please don't ask again." once or twice. Ignore all the others.

However, I would NOT allow SD to go to grandma's just cause she's not getting her way. Also. if she's becoming a master manipulator, her real goal could be going to grandma's anyway.

RedWingsFan's picture

Oh he needs to nip that shit NOW. Do not allow her to backtalk or argue and definitely don't allow her to just leave and go to grandma's. Fuck that shit.

bi's picture

sounds just like sd20 at that age. only it was always my fault she didn't get what she wanted. if fdh said no, she was just so certain it was because i made him, then i got told "i know you hate me and don't want me here!" YEAH, i DO hate you and i DON'T want you here, but i had nothing to do with what you're currently pissed off about!

ta5's picture

Yep sounds like my sd age 11 I say I am mad because she undermines my rule to her dad and she screams you dont like me you hate me you want me to leave and live with my mom. omg I ignore it and their masters at their daddies pushes him around and then caves. huh Cant even make her go to her room~! Runs to mama five houses up. WHen he calls mama the daughter days oh calling mom cant deal with your own problems

jojo68's picture

Update: LOL

I saw a WM receipt for not only headphones but a Pillowbuddy too...must be nice to get whatever you want no matter how bad you show your ass! I wonder how it would work for me if I did that..sigh... I could never be that way though that is just not how I roll.

jojo68's picture

OMG...what you just said is exactly the way it is with my SD too...I have actually considered her to have some type of mental challenge at first when she was so incessant...she could ask for something over and over again to the point of being so annoying that I would have to leave the room or risk my own sanity. It is a damn game with her and DH exactly. I think with my DH, she has thinking that if he doesn't buy her anything she wants or take her wherever she wants to go that he is not a good parent..this is what their idea of "spending time together is"...if you are not running the streets then you are not spending time together..hanging out at home doesn't count. DH usually tells her maybe when she asks for something and even the rare times he tells her no she guilts him into doing it anyway. She is so different with me...if I say no to something she never asks again because she knows I know her game.