You are here

Made It Thru the Wedding

NewBeginning's picture

Wasn't so bad after all - we never made it to the rehearsal dinner due to the 'dinner' being moved 4 hours away - and that was 1 direction! It was last minute on Saturday and that would have meant we would have spent 8 hours driving that day only to turn around and drive another 3 hours the next day. DH apologized to his daughter for our absence and she actually took it quite well.

BM showed up looking like a 2 dollar hooker. Short black dress, long cheap looking jet black extentions, heavy makeup, and looked like she weighed 80 pounds soaking wet. She is too straight up and down with no meat on her bones to be wearing such a mini dress. She looked anorexic and sickly. Her face was full of wrinkles and I cannot believe she feels she's so beautiful. She really does. Everyone from my DH's family was shocked at how bad she looked and said she has never looked worse. At one time had about 40 pounds more on her body and now looks like a cancer victim. She tried to tell me about her health issues and stresses in her life...again. I said 'oh wow' as usual...

Never made the bachlorette party either..turns out she took her daughter to a mall..dressed her in a vail with a t shirt stating 'I'm the Bride'...ate supper..then got her smashed at some clubs. As to which SD is only 19...okay....

Wedding was nice..outside and with my DH's family. BM tried to monopolize it....BUT...I think she never planned on the fiance's MOM to monopolize it like she did....LOL!! This woman was a FIEND on that wedding..I mean, she worked her ass off. I just love her too! Nice lady...even took me aside and said she knew without a doubt that DH and I are that young lady's ONLY good influence. Said she felt BM was a horrible influence on my SD and just really gave me the impression she's had it out with the BM at one time or another.

As to which...was a SHOCK to me!!

I tell you all what...it was GREAT!! To know that our BM has such a woman now in her daughter's life..I can almost bet that she won't be getting away with much for the woman won't be the type to mess with a psycho such as the BM. My stepSIL's mother wants to get together soon to have lunch and I watched as the BM couldn't take her eyes off our conversation from a distance. I noticed she sort of melted in the background...even my stepSIL's father was a joy to be around..and he won't be one to mess with the BM either.

I honestly feel if my SD does NOT take the time to grow up and get rid of her mother's influence..it will be too late. This is a great, close, loving family. If she allows her mother to permeate in this family...watch out. Won't be pretty.

In finding out all this new information about the type of family she's married into..and seeing how BM just kind of cowers from the new MIL...I'm curious to see where this all goes. Will SD allow her mother to mess things up? And how will the new MIL take to my SD dissing me if she starts? Now after meeting me and seeing I'm not a monster at all???

Stay tuned...for as the world turns... Wink

monkeyboy2030's picture

Excellent update! And congrats to you for making it through the day(s)! Gives me hope that things can actually work out for the better. Thank you again for the update.