You are here

Lucky

MadeMyBed's picture

Though I have many, many problems with being a "blended family" that many of you do, I have to count some blessings:

1. DH is a great dad although guilty of "disney dad" syndrome alot. He genuinely loves his kids and wants whats best for them.

2. Only see SKs about every six weeks! Wink

3. SKs are actually good kids. Not a lot to complain about them except that they're kind of lazy and dont have much interests. Never had the disrespect problem with them, thank God.

4. BM is 1500 miles away so dont have to see her sour puss face anymore.

skylarksms's picture

I am lucky that:

1. Skids are never disrespectful to me or their dad. SS is a very hard worker and likes to help out my DH around the house.

2. DH never married BM so I did get that "first" with both of us.

3. Things seem to be going smoother with BM as skids get older and BM got pregnant and married for her first time. (fingers crossed)

bay's picture

These are great!
I am very lucky that Skid is a great kid. She really is...now. It was a rough start. BM... can I move her 1500 miles away and leave skid here?

notthebradybunch6's picture

I am lucky:

1.) to have a DH who honestly tries to stick up for me.

2.)I have two wonderful bkids who also try to teach the skids how to treat adults.

3.) I am involved in Girl Scouts, teaching CCD, and now have Step Talk in my life to keep me from going crazy.

4.) I live in a great community (even if there aren't any SP support groups).

WifeVersion2.0's picture

I'm very lucky that my skids are great students! They both love to read and do very well in school, just like my two boys. I'm also thankful that they both like me and are never disrespectful to me.

Also, as much as I don't like BM, she really isn't smart enough to be a vengeful person. She doesn't intentionally do things just to get to me or anything like that. It's mainly her laziness and airheaded behavior that grates on my nerves.

Triggerfishgal's picture

I am lucky that:
1) FSS8 respects me and knows he can't get away with pushing me around

2)BM and I are educated, get along (over email and texts at this point), and have similar rules

3)I found this great website where I don't feel like such an abnormal b&$^tch for wanting FSS8 to act his age and not like a toddler Smile

purpledaisies's picture

I'm so very lucky as my dh stepped up to be a dad and stood up to bm and now there isn't much drama from her. DH has no problems telling her that what goes on at our house is none of her business. Plus telling her that she is raising whimps! i.e. telling dh that we were getting home too late for ss14 to go to practice the next day when we got him home around 5 that night, dh told her how stupid she was being, bm said the coach won;t make him as he wouldn't do that either, dh told her to call the coach, sure enough the coach told her he HAS to be there and there was no reason for him not to be there, dh told her she was raising whimps! too funny.

i'm so lucky how much my dh loves me and would never let anyone disrespect me ever including his own kids!

helena_brass's picture

I am lucky that:

1) BF never lets me feel that I am second, and he supports my place in the family.

2) BM cares more about her kids than about being vindictive.

3) BF's kids are respectful to both my BF and me, and they are genuinely likable&lovable characters.