You are here

At a loss y’all

The Triangle's picture

So,  ss 14 was supposed to return from summer visitation on 8/1. Bm decided that she would try to withdrawal him from school, which she cannot do.  The school called dh and told him.  Dh spoke to ss and he claimed that he can’t live with us.  This has been an ongoing battle since the beginning of July.  Dh has tried to cover all of his bases.  Talking to every magistrate and police force he can.  Driving to the state that bm resides in to file a show cause.  Ss has since started being so hurtful to dh.  They had a good relationship and now she has managed to alienate him from dh.  She claims ss has expressed his want to live with her for the past 2 years?  Honestly y’all it has been quite the opposite.  He complains about it, her, etc when he is home.  It is so bad that now ss is telling dh that he has been telling him for years!  His texts to dh are horrible.  He will not answer the phone and has now stopped responding to texts.  Dh is a reasonable man.  Bm is spiteful and vengeful.

Bm has hated my existence since day one and has always coerced ss into disliking me. Ss and I had a decent relationship until he got into trouble before his summer visitation. I tried to talk to bm because we had all been on speaking terms for a good while (I know I know).  She didn’t like that I told her stepson was on a bad path, words were exchanged, I blocked her and kept it moving.  She was furious!  Now all of the sudden ss is telling dh that we are too strict blah blah teenage blah. Fine.

My issue is that dh has full custody and she has withheld as in another state and now dh has to wait 2/3 weeks for a court date.  Dh is beside himself.  I am removed as far as they are concerned and I play Switzerland when it comes to dh.  I do feel for him.  His heart is broken.  How in the world is one parent, in my case dh,  do all the right things like sacrificing everything for his son, handle all things the way that he is supposed to, have full custody, and still get screwed by her?  She is literally breaking the law.  She served dh with sole custody papers in our state.  Now mind you she hasn’t so much as seen his school but will drive down for court?! 

Is it just me or is the family court broken?  Dh follows the rules, she breaks the law and he is being told there is nothing he can do?  Sit and wait?  To me this just seems absurd.  I really hope karma bites her in the a$&!  She seems to get away with so much.  As an example she lost custody of her second child due to abuse.  She ONLY has supervised visitation. When dh tried to prevent ss from going to visit her, through the courts of course, they said and I quote “your son is not a 5 weeks old baby, he is a 10 year old boy, he’ll be fine”. 

I am just appalled at how the system works sometimes. End rant! Thanks for reading.

Notup4it's picture

The court system is majorly messed up. It seem like whichever parent cares the least and is the most messed up gets away with the most.  It has to be some sort of money making scheme that they are disguising as “in the best interest of the child”. 

I have seen some of the most messed up things ever.  Parents who are actual drug addicts and criminals having more pull in court than parents simply being good normal parents. 

It is fully messed up.

justmakingthebest's picture

Don't even get me started on the F'ed up court system. It is horrible! I am so sorry that you guys are going through this. What would happen if DH drove to BM's house with the court order, demanded that SS get in the car and then call the police if he wont?

Years ago, my exH tried to keep my kids and not return them. I called the police from the driveway. They came, read the order, knocked on the door and then entered his house. The police picked up my kids can carried them to my car for me. Now, mine were 2 and 3 at the time and my exH was going through some serious PTSD... but still. Court orders are court orders. I would at least give it a shot. 

The Triangle's picture

they would send a peace officer.  BUT if ss refuses they would not force him in the car without a signed afidavit from a judge. Gross.  

The Triangle's picture

before ss left we went on a VaCa with some of my fam.  He told my niece that he was thinking of living with his mom.  My niece being younger said “have you asked your dad”.  He stated that he mentioned it before but wasn’t sure and that I haven’t been the same since my dad died.  I know he is a “kid” but what a hurtful thing to say!  I know it is an excuse.  I have changed.  My father died at the hands of malpractice.  I was raised by him.  My heart is broken and my family is tied up in litigation for that.  I even reached out to bm when my father passed and expressed to her that he would probably need to lean on her more for “talks” because I was navigating healing.  She was super understanding as her father passed when she was young.  She even offered a shoulder.  Which of course I would NEVER take.  They even sent me a card.  Now they are using that against me?!  My father only passed a little over a year ago.  I didn’t neglect ss I just distanced from EVERYONE to work on ME.  Dh has been more than understanding and had several talks with ss about grief.  I’m just hurt all the way around.  Not trying to wo is me,  I just want to scream to the universe ENOUGH ALREADY!