You are here

LOL...when stepkids wont listen

dispiritedstepmom2011's picture

sd13 has dyed her hair im gonna say 5 times over the last 3 months (all without permission, all at friends or bm's)....so its pretty damaged. my sister went to school to do hair, so she knows about it.

sd wanted highlights, blonde over dark brown hair. the brown came out ok, not complete cause of how many diff colors already throughout her hair. sister warned her about the outcome that it may not look right, hair is damaged, ect. sd BEGGED and pleaded and said she would take the chance.

when all was said n done, roots were the bleach-blonde as intended...then it goes gold all the way down...looks a bit funky, not in a good way. sd is livind, begged bm to tak eher to walmart n dye hair all blonde, to which my sis says:

"if u do that, ur hair will no doubt be orange and messed up. btw, i am NEVER doing ur hair EVER AGAIN! the last time i did your hair blonde a yr and half ago, the next day u dyed it black! slap in the f'n face!"

im laughing insode cause sd looks stupid...

buckeye mommy's picture

Well.... she was warned. Always listen to the people that do hair, they know what they're talking about! Maybe this will be a lesson learned? If she's anything like my SD though- it won't be

dispiritedstepmom2011's picture

i doubt its a lesson learned...sd13 thinks she knows it all! my sister feels bad but more so she is angry that sd wasted her time...then again, my sister could have refused to do it, knowing the chances...

buckeye mommy's picture

I'd be mad too. When I get my hair cut and colored it usually takes about 90 minutes. That's a lot of time wasted :/

Anonymous_stepmom's picture

Does she not realize she is killing her hair by doing this? She must have some red in her hair if it's coming out brassy like you describe. My hair is like that, I dyed it myself before and it always came out brassy. The only way I've ever had it look actually blonde is by having it done professionally and it's such a long process to get it to look that way. If I were her sister I'd never do her hair again. What a kick in the teeth.

Ommy's picture

Look for dye that has the word "cooler" near where the color example is. It helps with preventing the brassy look. I dont remember what my natural hair color is....