You are here

List one good thing

witsend71's picture

Please state one good thing DH, SK, or BM has done lately.

I'll start. I did SD a favor and she rewarded me by buying me an icecream. Didn't have the heart to tell her I was off sugar. She was making an effort!

ownedbypedro's picture

It's been over a year since I've seen either of my soon-to-be-ex dh's sons. They were at my son's wedding reception last summer with their families. It was GREAT to see ss #1 and his wife & kids - I ADORE them and we had a long, wonderful visit.

Much to my surprise, ss #2 and his wife were somewhat behaved (less "cave person like") and tried to keep their three sons under control (tried - but they still got into the wedding cake - thankfully AFTER it had been cut by the bride and groom!). I would imagine they had been warned by dh ahead of time. While dh doesn't like to admit it to others, he KNOWS what the tribe is like and always gives them a talking to before big family events.

I even gave skid #2 a hug and commented that his boys were getting big. Hell, I would do anything for my son and his wife - even hug the skid.

sbm014's picture

DH has just been super sweet lately.

SS4 played nice with my nephew who is 2, and even wants to go back and play with him. Also SS told me he would start helping me put his clothes away so not all the laundry work is on me.

luchay's picture

SS9 played nice when we went to the snow yesterday, no whining, moaning or complaining, he also ate his tea 2 days running without any drama!! (YAY!)

SD12 no sneaky texts to her dad about whatever she didn't like about the house over the weekend. (hmmmm that's not really positive is it LOL)

BM - actually managed to pack reasonably suitable clothes for the snow! Usually if we ask for something (ie going out somewhere need nice clothes etc) she packs inappropriate stuff, every time they come they are short on something - sports uniforms, shoes, underwear, enough clothes!

OH - actually arranged a babysitter for them on Friday night so we could have a night out just the two of us Smile (My DD20 babysits my younger DD's 6 & 9 but refuses to watch his kids - sd would be fine but ss not so much)

All in all a good stress free weekend (won't speak to soon LOL)

mama_althea's picture

I came up with this one last week on a thread about skids' warped vision of BM:

SD never brags about how great her BM is.

jojo68's picture

DH-helped me cleaned house yesterday and brought me a fountain drink when he went to the store without me even asking
SD12-absolutely nothing
BM-absolutely nothing

Butterflykissesandlicks's picture

SS8 pushed BS1 around the block in his stroller, proudly telling all that BS1 was his "baby brother."

DH proved how much BS1 and myself mean to him this past weekend.

BM Is hitting the Karma Bus and is now a double duty- SM of her own. Now she is crying. Hope that moneywad she married is worth the grief.