You are here

just a venting..

young_stepmomma25's picture

Havent been on here a while, been through it ALL.
Okay first, Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!
This hasnt been too great of a holiday for me however.
So here's a snippet of what I'm going through:
My fiance has a 15 yr old son (one of 5 children) who has severe behavior problems & been in & out of juvenile detentions for the past few months and have been disrespectful towards the both of us & his youbger siblings. Now, today he's being released and I'm kind of dreading it. I'm hoping he changed tremendously. I'm a bit peeved he's being released on this day because me & my fiance had plans but it is what it is. Fiance went to go pick him up & I'm anxious as hell, anticipating what's to happen when he comes home. It's like I'm on pins & needles. When he was home, he made the whole house uncomfortable, I pray we don't go through that again. Oh well, Happy Valentine's Day Gals (&Gents) !!

Rags's picture

I would welcome the evil delinquent spawn home with 98% webcam coverage of the house. He does not get any privacy except in the toilet or his bedroom. Everywhere else he is under camera surveillance.

That is what I would do were I you.

Orange County Ca's picture

If his problems are there from birth then a stint in Juvie won't change anything. It's the normal ones that might get shocked into being scared off the track they're on.

Who is going to perceive you as evil or uncaring? The kid. His father? The neighbors. Nobody suggests you do something evil - just disconnect. Leave the kid alone. Stop trying to raise him. Stop taking responsibility for how he acts. You have no power here, none, he has all of it over you until you disconnect. The he has none.

Have you read this article I've linked below? It'll tell you how to go about disconnecting - called disengaging. Listen a million kids are growing up right now without help from you. Most of them will do just fine and a few will fall by the wayside. Neither the credit not the blame goes to you nor will it on this one if you let it go.

http://steptogether.org/help.html

young_stepmomma25's picture

I love all your responses, i see I'm not alone in this situation and you guys understand what I'm going through. Seems like disengagement is the best option at this point.
So okay, fast forward...
He's been here for a day & so far he's been obnoxious, to me of course. Woke me & his father up early in the morning around 8 just to say he's leaving out to God knows where. Then, he had the audacity to blast his damn rap music loud enough to wake to whole house up, waking his younger siblings up; rapping profanity and my poor fiance had to rant & rave for him to be quiet. I swear I don't know what's this boy problem, like he does things intentionally to piss me off!