You are here

Just curious if you dislike your ex spouse partner just as much as BM?

byebyebirdie's picture

I can not stand my SD mother but I seem to have no issue with my ex husbands current wife and get along with her for most part,,,,do most of you feel same way?

Amazedstepmom's picture

Depends on the day. My ex I swear is bipolar so it depends on the day if he's decent to me and thinks about our kids first or if he's an ass or only thinks about hurting me (he knows he can via the kids). And my kids are very used to him bashing me and they ask me what's really going on (I just show them the texts or emails) hey if he's going to lie to them I can show them the truth right. My sk's are their mothers puppets and say/do whatever she says so its different.
I love my kids more than I dislike my ex. Therefore I treat him with courtesy and respect and make sure he knows what's going on with our children.
I tell my DH. Nope not dealing w her, you chose to breed with her so you deal with it. I used to actually be friends with her, not anymore. If she died the only reason I'd cry is because sk would be w us all the time which means shortly after her death I would be divorced because I can barely handle this crap now, let alone all the time. Not a chance in hell.

LRP75's picture

"If she died the only reason I'd cry is because sk would be w us all the time which means shortly after her death I would be divorced because I can barely handle this crap now, let alone all the time. Not a chance in hell."

Exactly.

stepmomto3bioto1's picture

I totally feel the same way!!! BM is always a thorn in my side. She has major boundary issues.

On the flip side. My exh gets along really good with both me & my dh. No crazy issues, no bickering and we keep & respect boundaries with no problem.

I wish we could have the same kinda working relationship with BM that we have with my exh!!! Life would be so more peaceful & faaaaar better for the skids!!! But, BM still seethes too much bitterness towards DH & I. I really dont think we will ever have a better relationship with BM.

LRP75's picture

I feel that my sons SM and I get along very well. I like her -- she's great to my kid -- and my kid loves her. I've never had a problem with her.

BM to my skids? :sick:

byebyebirdie's picture

Sometimes I wonder if I get along better with ex hubsands wife cause I am so glad he is not my problem anymore but as far as BM ( whom my husband was never married too) I often wonder what the hell my problem is with her I have no reason to be jealous she is a loser in my opinion and my DH want nothing to do with her.... So why does she bother me so much? I figure if I could answer that maybe I would not be so bothered by the Skid.

mama_althea's picture

You mean the one my ExH left me for? :?

Actually I don't hate her as much as BM, come to think of it...but she lives very far away and I never have to deal with her.

byebyebirdie's picture

yup excatly what i mean, my ex married the women he was cheating on me with while i was PG with our second child but for some reason i got over it pretty darn fast and got real happy with my life.... but just can't stand the BM to my SD.