You are here

Just Curious

Ginger13's picture

I just wanted to find out if there was anyone on here that is similar to me.

FT Employed
Career Women
No kids - Never want them and don't like them
SO has kid/s under 5
Skid lives with you FT
BM is a mother that doesn't give a Sh*t about her kid

Literally I am just curious and not wanting to start a comparison but just wanna know if anyone is same/mostly similar to me.

--figureditout--'s picture

I am FT employed, and didn't want children until I had my first (2 boys 15 and almost 14).
DH got custody of SD 21 when she was 5 and she lived with us until 18. Her mother is mental and did not have contact for all 13 of those years.
I have been disengaged for 7 years. Also have 2 other skids over 18; one I have never met and the other I have been disengaged from for a year and a half.

Acratopotes's picture

FT Employed
Career woman by day, party woman by night
One kid - ok ok adult son (22) - but never wanted kids, can't stand the snots
SO has one kid, 18
skid use t live with SO full time - cause he's the buddy and not the parent, she was allowed to say and do what ever she wanted since 12
BM - hardly now the bitch

classyNJ's picture

FT Employed
Career Women - Weekend Warrior
No kids - Couldn't stand myself when I was a kid
SO has kids. SS19 and SS15
SS15 lives with us FT for two years now
BM is a mother that doesn't give a Sh*t about her kid - ThiS - and only wants to see him when SS19 is home and she can post MOTY photos

ESMOD's picture

FT employed
No kids
DH had two kids when we met 5 and 9
We did have custody of one of the girls over the years
BM was custodial for the most part but high conflict moty and had no problem with repeatedly disappointing her kids or drawing them into her drama.

Now both girls are adults and live independently and we don't have any communication with BM Smile

Cover1W's picture

FT Employed
Career Woman
No kids - Never want them. I can be around kids 5+ ok. When I started dating, my strict rule was "no babies and no kids under age 5" - DH had a 7 & 9 yo, now my SDs.
Skid lives with us 50/50...although that may change with SD14 (to much less time).
BM is not a bad person, but just a little odd and not communicative. She's emotionally removed a bit and like DH, doesn't seem to hold the SDs to any rules. Disney DH and Disney BM.

sunshinex's picture

This was my exact situation up until a year and a half or so ago when I started wanting a baby and now I have a beautiful 4 month old. But I know the struggle well. My SDs BM barely sees her so we have her full time and I never liked kids before. I still don’t like other people’s kids. Prior to maternity leave, I worked full time running the company I work for - usually about 60 hours a week.

I used to hate being expected to miss work to care for SD or do something for her like driving her somewhere. It drove me crazy. I didn’t enjoy the family life and resented having to put work on hold sometimes. So I’m guessing we probably have some things in common. Feel free to message me anytime.

Kelly_thestepmum_in20s's picture

Currently not working. No kids yet. I want to secure bag 1st. I still want to further my studies.

DH has 2 under the age of 15. BM doesn't really care about her kids, she cares more about church (5days in a week) and barely spend quality time with them. During holidays and weekends, she sends them over to us. 

Rags's picture

Historically I was a successful career full time working StepDad, no bio kids, married to a full time, full physical and legal custody mom who pursued and completed her education (Dual major BS, MBA, CPA) and has a great career.

We had SS-27 full time from age 2 until he aged out from under the Custody/Visitation/Support CO at 18.  The SpermClan had 7wks of visitation per year (5wks summer/1wk winter/1wk spring) and paid a pittance in CS until SS turned 12 when it was raised to a reasonable amount.

SS asked me to adopt him when he was 22.  We made that happen.

My DW and I have enjoyed our Empty Nester years for the past 9 years and have worked around the world since SS launghed.  

I am looking forward to my next career opportuntiy.