You are here

Just a bit of a rant

CLove's picture

I know what the siolution is - disengage. So, I have disengaged and want to talk about it. Maybe this will help someone.

Well, Since March 13th, Munchkin SD13 has been in lockdown with her mother, Toxic Troll. That very same day, her mother took her to modesto and then to walmart to get things for her new puppy. Yep, with all of Toxic Trolls instablitiy and shenanigans she hought her a gosh darned puppy. And the puppy is starting to exhibit extreme separation anxiety and beinga  wolf-dog type, this results in howling etc. No crate training because extreme scratching and whining. Pooping all over INSIDE.

How do I know this? Because I tried to keep the lines of communication open and would text every day, and she would respond. We even did a brief facetime to catch up with all the pets an us. It went really well.

Until, I mentioned that we are re-homing her fathers kitten. 2 Bengals is proving to be too much for us, and DH. My friend, who,has had them sais that you really must have just 1 at a time, they are super wild otherwise. She also knows how to train puppies, and was willing to help Munchkin.

But ever since I mentioned the rehoming she has been grey rock silent. Said very politely that she didnt want to talk to my trainer friend. I decided to disengage and just told her, "The door is always open, but I will not initiate anything going forward and I wish you well and take care..."

Ive been the one saying "hey we miss you and love you." She used to respond...So I guess this is the part where I disengage and grieve and leave the door open. I had a feeling that the separation and being holed up with Toxic Troll would distance her from us...but the reality is just hard to deal with.

Plus fears with this virus. Weve just gotten news of death in my county, and the number of "confirmed cases" is leaping up. Plus Im an "essential worker", so I dont even get to relax at home to netflix...

CLove's picture

My trainer friend is the place the kitten is going to, and she is really super excited, and her 90-year old father is beyond excited.

Munchkin has a new puppy, a dragon, and 2 bunnies. Im not quite sure why she has suddenly gone gray rock...

hereiam's picture

I'm sorry about all of this back and forth with Munchkin. It's hard when you do care. I cared a lot about my SD28 at one time. Now, I don't wish her ill but I don't lose any sleep over her, either.

They announced over the weekend that we are under a "stay at home" order. At first, I was upset because it got really real how serious this is, then I was relieved, thinking I might get to stay home and stay away from people, but we are actually considered essential, so that went right out the window. I could use a month off!

CLove's picture

And yet - IM a little "jelly" about everyone else being quarantined at home and posting their "shelter-in-place" activities in jammies all over social media...

Rags's picture

We just got the notification that our county's stay at home order will be issued by a Judge later today.   Fortuneately my DWs firm will let them work from home so we won't lose both of our incomes.  

The offer I am expecting will likely be delayed but... as long as DW is working we will be fine and won't have to drain retirement or investment resources.

CLove's picture

Here in Claifornia it started with a few counties, then jumped quickly to statewide. So that will be next.

That your DW can work from home is a blessing. UNfortunately we cannot, but we have discussed what we will do when DH's business drops to where he has no hours.

Kes's picture

It appears that SD13 doesnt like the thought of you getting rid of the kitten.   I do wish people wouldn't get dogs, and especially big dogs needing masses of exercise, unless they are prepared to put in the considerable time and effort to train and walk them.  Huskies, for instance, need 4 miles per day.   A lot of narcissistic people get these highly social animals, then leave them cooped up in the house alone all day and expect them, miraculously, to behave well, which is just not going to happen. 

Winterglow's picture

Also, huskies are very much working pack dogs. They hate being alone. They hate being idle. Sooner or later this one is going to start ripping the house apart.

CLove's picture

ALthough we did not "get rid" of her. My friend, who was ecstatic, adopted her from us. Shes quarantined with her daughter and dad and they are going a little crazy. So she is bringing joy to another household. We were sad to let her go...

BUT good news is that they bonded very well and very quickly. I did not realize Bengals were usually kept separately, because they are pack animals...

Wow. 4 miles per day!!!! I just dont see Munchkin doing anything close to that. Ditto for Toxic Troll. They got this dog because of looks. Purely for looks. Without any knowledge of the breed. Could care less...

I dont see things going well with this puppy. I feel bad for puppy. Munchkin wants a lap dog, not a working dog.