You are here

Just 5 more

Still Have Hope's picture

While balancing the checkbook tonight I realized that we have only 5 more CS payments. SD graduates in June. Suddenly I am in a very good mood.

ubrngoutdbitchnme's picture

It's just like paying off your car! It feels great when you don't have to make that payment every month anymore!

More like paing off a mortgage. DH's CS is way up there. Can't wait to have that money for our family.

Auteur's picture

WOO HOO!!

For GG's just 13 more years IF he's lucky!! (it's 21 here)

Hopefully by then I'll be LOOOONG GONE!

12yrstepmonster's picture

Unless they are in college and then it's when they graduate from college (as long as they are making progress). Sad Ridiculous!!!!!!!! :jawdrop:

Milomom's picture

Still Have Hope - that's AWESOME!!!

What a great post - I'm soooooo happy for you!!

I don't know about the rest of you out there in ST land, but I get SUPER EXCITED when I read a post like this! Another Stepparent that has made it through the massive CS$$$ HELL and has lived to tell about it!!! LOL!!

I get so excited thinking about the day that I will be sitting in your shoes...just balancing the checkbook...tra la la...minding my business...tra la la...and then BAM!!!!! It hits me like a ton of bricks!!! Only 5 more CS payments!!!

Wow, I must say Still Have Hope, I'm a little envious of you (but really happy for you at the same time).

I remember that feeling of getting down to my last 5-6 car payments and I would no longer have to send that BIG CHECK out! That was 2 years ago and I STILL remember that feeling of paying off my new car loan!! I was elated! That's NOTHING compared to the feeling I'll feel when FDH sends off his last massive CS$$ check to BM!!! It's not even MY MONEY that he's sending (lol), but I STILL get excited about it!!! LOL!!!

Oh, and you hit the nail on the head when you wrote above in your reply "Can't wait to have that money for our family!!" EXACTLY!!! My FDH's CS payments are WAY UP THERE, too! I'd bet it's more than most people's MORTGAGE payments here on StepTalk!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Still Have Hope!!! You have given ME hope just by writing this post, so THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Are you SOOOOOO FREAKIN' EXCITED RIGHT NOW, OR WHAT?!?!?

Imagine all the good things you can do with ALL THAT MONEY you'll no longer be sending to BM!!! I hope that you're planning to take that 1st month of no CS & spend it together on yourselves!!! Spoil yourselves ROTTEN!! You deserve it!

***Milomom doing a HUGE HAPPY DANCE for Still Have Hope, with her arms waiving in the air and a HUGE WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!*****

P.S. So please do all of us a favor, SHH, and tell us...how does it FEEL to be SOOOOO close to no more CS???

It feels great. I have planned a kitchen remodel - new tile,paint and stainless steel appliances. I have been having fun going to Home Depot to plan all this. But even better, DH surprised me and our 2 with a 7 day Caribbean cruise for this summer. I can't wait. All of our vacations have been to visit family because we couldn't afford a real vacation. Now the fun begins!!