You are here

The joys of social media....NOT.

GSF300's picture

Hi all--

So I've been off Facebook since my divorce, it just helped ease up on the drama factor 110%. Well today I hopped back on to pull some old photos off and my curiousity got the best of me.

Tried to find MIL- she is still posting about how she loves BM....yadda yadda great. Kind of expected that...now BM is literally friends with all of my SO's friends ( 3 years together people, only 3 years)....and i know for a fact she hardly knows these peoplel....like i really only had people I KNEW on my friends list... I know petty...but annoying again no boundaries no separation just all about BM.  Like is this just her way of keeping a presence? Because she has already shown she has no boundaries with SO's family.

BUT here is the best part....BM is friends with my ex husband, liking all his pictures like they have been friends for years. LOL.

Why can't she go away!!!!! Needless to say I dont think I need to go on again because it just irritates me lol.

Siemprematahari's picture

Hold up!

BM is friends with your XH??? Why did he even accept the request and most of all what the heck is wrong with her?? I wonder if this is a tactic to try to get information about you.....either way its pathetic and she needs a life.

GSF300's picture

My EH and SO's EW met up after we separated...because they heard SO and I were talking...they wanted to compare notes to see if we cheated LOL. Because there is no such thing as a man and a woman just being friends.  SHE NEEDS TO GET A LIFE!!!!!!

SM12's picture

Early on I would have been livid if BM friended my XH.   Now...don’t care.   Haven’t spoken to my XH is almost here years so he could have at it.  But then again my BS is a launched adult.  If parenting still required contact I would be furious. 

And I find the older I get the less I care about social media.   Frankly it is a lot of people posting passive aggressive posts or showing off...neither I have time for.

GSF300's picture

Yes I totally agree, I wont be visiting Facebook again, just ends up pissing me off! Fortunately I did not have any children with my EH....that would have made this hell on earth.

CLove's picture

I have seen many of DH's friends "Friends" with ToxicTroll. DH tells me that given the chance they would like to "have some of that", because, well, its easy and accessible. Or something. I think she is hell gross, but Im pickier...

I blocked her, so when I need to check on things I go into "stealth mode". I used to scroll through her 6 different profiles, and saw the times that the marriage was in trouble, and all her religious posts...snore. I was looking for stuff that we could use during our divorce process, but nothing really came up. 

And then, one night DH laughingly told me that his ex was asking if it was ok if she "dated" some of my "friends". IM like, whaaaa? I barely know those dudes.

Its a small town, so invariably Toxic Troll and I will have friends in common.

Anon9876's picture

I wouldn't stress it. Just do like you were doing and leave FB alone if it irritates you.

Sounds like the ex is seriously looking to dig into your past. I guess she wants to stir the pot but has yet to get the information to do so. It would be very annoying all the same.

MIL as in your SO's mom?

I would be pretty passed if she were undermining my current relationship with her son to drool over his ex and how she 'adores' her. Out of respect for her sons current relationship she needs to stop posting about his ex period. That's disrespectful as hell.