You are here

I've got a funny one for ya!

DealinWithTheDevil's picture

So he has to work one wkend on his visitation, and asked if i'd watched the kids --all 4 from friday to monday...

He offerend his family to "help me".......

I said "that would be great! I have plans Saturday till late, so i'll take the kids friday night and your family can take them sat night"

DRUM ROLE........do you want to know his reply????

"SO YOUR JUST GOING TO DUMP MY KIDS ON MY FAMILY"

jawdrop:

stepwitch's picture

He really should rethink that statement !!! DUMB OLE BOY !

Stepwitch
Thank you Disney for portraying a positive image on all stepmothers!!!!

melis070179's picture

LOL oh God forbid his family take care of his children! Say "uh no, YOU are going to dump your kids on your family" They are his kids, so how is it you are the one doing the dumping?! LOL

Endora's picture

Step Parenting – you might need to step back before you step in something!

At least you offered one night, more than generous in my books!

Colorado Girl's picture

How else did he plan on them helping? A couple hours? Or maybe they could come to your house and then you could entertain them there as well.

What a DoDo.

"For every ailment under the sun....There is a remedy, or there is none;
If there be one, try to find it; If there be none, never mind it." ~ W.W. Bartley

frustratedinMA's picture

I would let him know that you are NOT a babysitter, and you have plans and he should respect that.

Good lord!

now4teens's picture

Didn't you move out on him and in with your girlfriend because of all the serious problems you've been having with him?

And didn't he, after going to counseling for only a short period of time, issue you an ultimatum that you HAD to make up your mind to come back to him by a certain date?

And now, he's acting like THIS?

I don't know Dealin, it just doesn't seem to me like he's "gettin' it".

One would think he'd be on his BEST BEHAVIOR and treating you like a QUEEN and not like a damn doormat and babysitter Sad

JMHO

"If you have never been hated by a child, you have never been a parent."
-Bette Davis

DealinWithTheDevil's picture

Way to catch that though...and be on top of things...YOU GO GIRL!! glad to know you are actually listening when i talk..!

This was just one of the many things that pushed me to breaking point.....and i have to keep remembering them and reminding myself of them......because how easy we forget the horror.

now4teens's picture

And then you're right back where you started and wondering WHY things are so bad!

My DH always says I have an incredible memory- sometimes to a fault. But I literally have to remind him that several episodes have happened within the past several weeks with either his daughter, 16 (the problem child) or his crazy ex and he'll just say to me, "Are you kidding me? ALL those things happened just these past few weeks? I totally forgot!"

And so it goes. If I'm not there to remind him, he'd forgive, excuse, downplay and outright deny their usual patterns of horrible behaviors- and do NOTHING to correct it.

"If you have never been hated by a child, you have never been a parent."
-Bette Davis