You are here

It's Wednesday AGAIN .....

SummerMomma719's picture

It's Wednesday!!!! AND it's our weekend coming up to have SD I'm already in a bad mood. This past weekend was my baby shower and also SD weekend to be with BM but NO she was at the shower. I'm not in a TOTAL bad mood but I'm so not looking forward to another weekend with her around. I just ignore her don't really look her way an it helps an sometimes by the end of the night I forget she was even here. She literally just stands around making weird face expressions and doesn't talk. Like wtf just go home lol no point in being around just to stand there mute and anything but interested in being here

katielee's picture

I know, right? I am no looking forward to having sd11 this weekend AT ALL. The last time I saw her we went to a softball awards ceremony and she totally ignored me the whole night. Hugged and hugged on her dad and acted like I wasn't even standing there. Ridiculous. I am sick at my stomach over having to be around her and pretend everything's okay.

SummerMomma719's picture

Omg that is exactly what she does. Ignores me and is alllll over dad. Ill be in front of him talking and she gets right between us like nothing. Totally wish there was something we could do lol.

simply_monica's picture

That is kind of a harsh way to react to a child. Have you ever considered reaching out? I have noticed most times we give out vibes that make children not want to approach us. What's worse is that you may be isolating her more from her father.
Remember you are what is foreign not her. You are the adult, you married into this man's family not just him.

sterlingsilver's picture

I was going to say too that this girl probably doesn't know what else to do and is so out of her enviroment she just stands there not sure what to do with herself. I am so glad I didn't have to go over to my dad's eow when I was younger. I don't know how kids do it.

SummerMomma719's picture

It's not abnormal i mean we are forever trying to talk to her. Try to encourage her to play games and engage in activities anything and she doesn't want to. She wasn't like this up until August of last year. DH went to court with BM an ever since then she has changed. She WAS a normal kid and fun to be around. Now I don't look forward to it. It's not like we don't try and do things with her and talk. When she is just standing around not talking we always try and get her to do stuff with us and then she just stands near us and doesn't talk. We tell her to talk to us and she just shrugs and says 2 words