You are here

Its a Miracle! BM is getting paid.

icehockey101's picture

SS13 lived with us for the last school year. First time this has happened. Well, BM had gone back to school, and about half way through the year of living with us, she is working. Well, according to what she told SS, she was volunteering. Yeah, from 7pm-7am Thurs-Sun? Worst possible hours? Sure. Well, it must have been a miracle, because she told SS that they "found" money to pay her and she started to get paid ONE DAY before he moved back with her for primary physical custody. Amazing how when she had to pay child support she was just a volunteer. Wow is all I can say.

To top it off, SS13 was telling DH about that and realized that what we had been telling him all along was true and that her lies didn't make any sense. It also made DH and I laugh when SS13 told DH that BM has put super tight restrictions on him. He said that BM is trying to be a hard ass because she knows we are, but that it will never last. That kid has her pegged. Its just sad... and he will continue to manipulate her for the next 5 years (and I dont have to worry about him at my house!)

Orange County Ca's picture

Is she in violation of a child support order?

You're probably just glad to get rid of the kid.

Kids invariably figure out who's who in these games and its usually the BM who's playing them. I never worried that the truth would out in the end, and it did.

icehockey101's picture

No, no violation. She was paying her $93 per month because she was unemployed. And of course the moment the plane touched down she contacted the state to have it reinstated for her to receive support - DH just got that notice Saturday. Too bad for her he is requesting a modification as he is now going to school (has been for a year) and she is employed full time.