You are here

It's Football season for the boys! So what!!

stuknaz's picture

Well last night the oldest SS texts DH asking for $200.00 for his fines from school. If he doesn't pay his fines he doesn't get to play football! His supposed first practice is today!! He needs the money to play.
DH texts him back and says "I will bring it to practice tomorrow!"
WTF?? :O This kid barely passed 10th grade he got all 65% in every class. You need a 65 or above! I think all his teachers just gave him that one point so he wouldn't flunk 10th grade as he did 9th grade.
Anyhow I asked DH why are you doing that comsidering his fines are $248.00 plus he still needs to get off academic probation in order to play this year?? This kid called DH a nigga four months ago and still has not apologized and has not had any correspondence with DH all summer long and NOW he texts and asks for money?? :O
SS has to pay this money because he was sooo irresponsible and didn't turn in a few books, a calculator, uniforms and a number of other items that belong to the school! Total $248.00!! :jawdrop:
DH says well the coach will get him in practice, the coach will work him extra hard for disrespecting me. The coach and I went to school together he says...
Whatever, we all went to school together that is besides the point!!
Since it's not my kid, I didn't argue with him, but I still think its wrong and this kid will never learn to be responsible! Especially if he can not remember to return school supplies!
But hey it's not my kid! But if it were trust me he/she wouldn't be getting any money from me. Football or no football!

NotsoHappyNewlywed's picture

My SS/16 went an entire 2 years w/o even going to school. That's why we have him now. He went from a ZERO average to an 83. Last year he wanted to play basketball but his grades weren't up to par. So this year he vowed to get his grades up in order to play. I know he wants to and he should! He is 6ft 4in and is only 16!!! I can't spew about the skids and sports my DH takes my son to ALL his football practices because he gets home before I do. He's been a great sport as far as that goes, but this situation with stuknaz sounds awful. The fact that dad is paying for SS irresponsible acts of losing textbooks is a NO NO.

Just breathe!!!!

stuknaz's picture

And now he wants to got to the stupid practice! This kid is so irresponsible and such a slacker. he needs to buckle down before its to olate. But its all about sports in our house!!

"And this too shall pass..."